1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XB360: playing backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by crf80, Apr 30, 2007.

1. crf80

crf80 Member

Hi. I recently bought an XBOX 360 (original version) and have a few questions regarding softmodding it to be able to play backups.

1) Does anyone have a walk-through tutorial on how to swap the firmware for a less sophisticated version that ignores the fact that the game is burned? Do I need a certain brand and model of DVD Drive/HD to play my backups?

2) Does anyone have any free ISO ripper/burners to rip and burn XBOX 360 games? And also, what format of DVDs do you use to burn backups onto? DVD-/+R?? DVD DL -/+R??

3) Can MS detect that I would be using modded firmware/burned game when I am connected to XBOX LIVE??

4) I have an original XBOX to which I subscribe to XBOX LIVE on. How do I transfer over my Gamertag info onto the 360 and will I recieve XBOX LIVE Gold or Silver?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions.

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

use the search bar, or just read the thread at the top of the page..i think its entitled flashing your 360, or how to burn games, something like that....

3. theridges

theridges Guest

yea...Search your asking to much and doing too little...
    Google is your Friend aswell as this site...

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

what they said, you people need to learn how to do that!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

1) Does anyone have a walk-through tutorial on how to swap the firmware for a less sophisticated version that ignores the fact that the game is burned? Do I need a certain brand and model of DVD Drive/HD to play my backups?
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/

2) Does anyone have any free ISO ripper/burners to rip and burn XBOX 360 games? And also, what format of DVDs do you use to burn backups onto? DVD-/+R?? DVD DL -/+R??
    Xbox Backup Creator or Schtroms
    DVD+R DL (Verbatim) 2.4X to 6X

3) Can MS detect that I would be using modded firmware/burned game when I am connected to XBOX LIVE??
    As of right now, no one knows. If they can they are not YET banning anyone.

4) I have an original XBOX to which I subscribe to XBOX LIVE on. How do I transfer over my Gamertag info onto the 360 and will I recieve XBOX LIVE Gold or Silver?
    Silver is a free account, so if you payed for Live then i am sure you will get gold.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906921

but as stated above you really should do some searching and reading before you want everything handed to you. But i remember how it was to be a newbie to modding and help when i can.

6. theridges

theridges Guest

Steimy is a good man :p