1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBC ERROR MESSAGE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RXV2300, Mar 30, 2007.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Recently I started to backup xbox 360 games & using Verbatim DL which seems to be the most popular brand (or perhaps the only that will work for back-up games)
    I just purhcased 2 other brands, Memorex & TDK DL+R & neither of them will work., keep getting following error message.

"CAN NOT WRITE MEDIUM, INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT"

Why am I getting this error message when using other brands & not with Verbatim.

Is there any brand we could be using to back-up 360 games or Verbatim is the only option.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

it is most likely your burner. The only thing that may be able to solve that is if there is a newer firmware then what you have available online. Find out which model number and make your burner is, and what the current firmware is and check the manufacturers site, or this one:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

Newer firmware on your burner can help with media compatibility and burn quality. But Verbatims are a better brand and i would stick with those if you can get them, even if you have to pay a little more they are worth it over TDKrap and Memosux :)

3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

to update your burner start dvd decrypter,choose the burner
    tools--┬╗drive--┬╗check for firmware updates
    it will tell which firmware you have and will open the firmware page