1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbconnect and sp2

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by manemzjum, Dec 8, 2004.

1. manemzjum

manemzjum Member

is there a problem with sp2 and xbox ftp as i have recently instaled a version of xp with sp2 intergrated and i cannot get it to connect to my xbox as usuall you know when you plug your crossover cable into your ethernet port the green light comes on well it dosent when i plug in the xbox but it does when i plug in other hardware i have tried this on more that one xbox so it is no fault of my console and i have formatted many times and never had any problems getting it up and running again any one know if ms have intergrated some sort of protection against xbox ftp with sp2 or any other ideas as what could be causing this problem without stating the obvious like firewalls

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I have sp2 installed and i can still connect to my xbox.

You have turned off the sp2 firewall havent you as it is a common mistake.

3. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

hey. To me it most likely sounds like your cable is busted or something. The green light should come on both your PC and XBOX when they are turned on regardless. If not, that shows that they are not connected (physically). maybe ur NIC has come out of its PCI slot.(its happened once too me, it just slipped out a little) Remember aswell, that it is not a cross-over cable that u need, it is a xbox system link cable. People do refer to it as a cross-over cable, but it is not becasue of the different combination in the RJ-45 modular plugs, these can easily be made using some cat5, and a crimper.

Try:

**Runing Device manager on ur PC and see if if it can locate ur NIC.

**Or check the IP's of ur xbox and PC and see if they are correct.

Cheers.