1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBit 1.5 problem with bios programme on PC

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by fburnz, Oct 18, 2004.

1. fburnz

fburnz Guest

Hi,
    im completely new to all this and just purchased an XBIT mod chip v1.5 a day or two ago. I have downloaded the software to my PC (running XP) and i open it, but all that is active is the connect button. i click connect and nothing happens at all, it just seems dead, i have plugged the chip in using the usb cable and its recognised instantly.

does anyone one else have this problem? or had experience with this situation?

thanks for your time
    F-Burnz

2. richo_3

richo_3 Member

i can connect but wen i try to write to the chip , it just keeps erasing and then jus says write cancled
    i cant get it to work
    i even tried it with windows 2000 because im using xp

3. petypablo

petypablo Member

Hey I have a simaliar problem too. Mine works but I still can't back up my games. when I press the "connect" button using windows XP it connects only when I disconnect my USB cable and plug it in. I don't know how to go further than pressing the connect button. Please If someone could help us it would be really appreciated.
    Thanks...

4. jcr222

jcr222 Member

You Guys from what i understand the X-bit... Sucks... Cause i have been having the same problem as you guys except i can't get the dang thang to work right. i mean i have installed it and when i try to connet it just keeps erasing it... any help would be appericiated

5. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Same crap here. I have tried 5 different PC's running win xp and none of them work! They will have to release a patch for this software sooner or later!

6. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

You most probably have the older software and require the new v1.5 flashing software. You can find them at the bottom of this page http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xbit.htm

get the one that matches your OS and you should be rolling !! :)

7. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Tried that new software and it still doesn't work. There is a known issue with this ver. 1.5 software and some PC chip sets. This will not be resolved until they release some sort of patch or totally re-write the software.

8. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

which will most likely not be any time soon :(

9. Nickokick

Nickokick Member

If you have "X-B.I.T. V1.5" you must use the 1.5 flash utility from DMS, there are diffrent version for diffrent windows versions. There filenames are XBIT15win##.exe where ## = your windows version.

This utility can be found here:
    http://www.dms3.com/xbit/files/chips/XBit_Flash_Software/

This utility also require "Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time Files" and "COMDLG32.OCX".

Get these files here:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...24-4122-44af-8ab4-7c039d9bf629&displaylang=en
    - http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/COMDLG32.OCX

[bold]NOTE![/bold] This utility seem to have big problems with USB 2.0 so if you got that make sure you unplug all USB-devices (mouse, keyboard, etc) before connecting the modchip. If you dont have USB 2.0 I still recommnd unplugging them.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  10. ryerbury

ryerbury Member

Thank you for this post. I unplugged all usb devices and i could then flash my chip......had to get a ps2 mouse and kb out though

Richy