1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBL headset puzzling issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by JOHNSTARR, Feb 29, 2012.

1. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

I'm basically at a loss and hope someone can solve this issue for me. The person I play XBL with just about every night ---> I can hear him but he can't hear me over the last few days. Neither of us have blocked each other and both have no problem with head sets because all is good when playing with other people.

Extremely frustrating :(

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

that sort of thing happened randomly on the psn network when gaming on the ps2 years ago,sometimes it was ok other times others enter the room & some could hear & others couldn't & vice versa,try a different game it could be a server issue or a gremlin...lol..

3. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

It's not a game issue cause he can't hear me on the dashboard (In a party or private chat)

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

This sort of crap happened in lobby as well tho psn didn't have a private chat thingy back then

If all is ok in game & he can hear you i can think of 3 things that would cause it once in lobby or private:

router settings on your or hosts connection is having issues
    recheck your privacy settings both of you including mute button & mute players.
    use another headset

the clue is in the last few days it has started happening,i'd start with the easy stuff like privacy or block settings then move to headset,as improbable as it may sound you can never assume.Other than that who knows

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012