1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question XBLA and flagged console (is it worth the risk)? or go R-Jtag or RGH?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by KBKBKB, Jul 12, 2014.

1. KBKBKB

KBKBKB Regular member

I'm dying to play XBLA State of decay
    and maybe some other XBLA

------option 1 buy XBLA--------
    I have a 360 phatt with XKey
    I got it flagged years back with need for speed

If I connect a cable to download State of Decay, is it likely that i will become instantly banned,
    will this ban stop me installing games to my HDD
    will this ban remove my purchased Game "state of Decay"

-------- option 2 the other two types of console--------
    or is it best to get a different console
    I would like to play XBLA titles
    The Xkey is very straight forward (plop on portable HDD.. plug into the Xbox)
    the R-JTAG and RGH looks complicated

Which console is best for minimum maintenance and ease of putting game images onto (maybe from portable HDD)

do i have to constantly update RGH or R-JTAG?

-----

Cheers

any advice welcomed :)

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If you want to play "backups" of DLC (XBLA titles, additional content...) you need a hacked console. An XKEY is not a hack, it's a drive emulator. That means it's a piss-poor way to play backed up disk games from a hard drive, but that's all it can do. Also it isn't only "plop on portable HDD .. plug into the Xbox", you also need the drive key. Just try connecting your console to XBL to check if you get or are already banned, if not purchase and download the game, if you are you can still either think about getting an unopened used Xbox 360 off ebay or craigslist and purchase the DLC or directly getting a RGH xbox from the same source and playing backed up DLC content from whereever you can get it (I won't give you websites for downloading).

3. KBKBKB

KBKBKB Regular member

Thanks man

yeah I forgot it was a 'bit of thing' to set up the Xkey - I had my drive key from flashing my optical drive - I've sold all that kit now.

I checked my console years back with XVAL (i said it was flagged from a dash update on flashed optical drive) But I never go on-line with it
    if I trigger a ban,will a ban stop me from the installing the xkey games to my xbox HDD?
    (or if I trigger a ban will it remove any purchased XBLA games like state of decay)

-- as for buying a RGH console

Finding free games and XBLA isn't a problem.
    putting a game on an external HDD to play on Xkey is pretty straight forward. is it complicated to put games or XBLA games on a RGH console

If i get a RGH console do i need to keep updating it (is this just when a game asks me for dash update)
    also if i accidentally dash update will it ruin a RGH console

Sorry for all the questions

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

only the fat 360 with v7 or lower dash can have original jtag mod done,rgh for everything else

once you have the games & backed them up to external as well you will have them for life or until hardware failure of hdd,if you buy them from live they will be yours at anytime for life or until they can no longer be downloaded

anything on a legit xbox live hdd can be accessed from pc or a jtag

nothing will be removed from hdd if your banned

maybe in two years or more you may need a dash update at the mo nup

getting games onto a jtag is a piece of piss,i can't help with flashing but i can help with software required for pc & some nuggets for jtag:
    pc-extract360iso
    pc-nxe2god
    pc-360 content manager
    pc-le-fluffie app
    pc-horizon
    pc-modio
    pc-party buffalo
    pc-xbox backup creator with xgd3 patch

1000 avatar items
    emu's
    numerous dashes & skins for fsd

list of dash updates & what they're for as you can see been a while for any update that was required to play a game

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134021
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_system_software

Finally yeah maaaan! jtag or rgh it should've been done already,once done you can play online with LiNK,you'll need these two links
    fsd 3 & the new dash arrival for rgh's as well as unity owners are based here http://www.realmodscene.com/
    new website to replace jqe.com for cover & game title update downloads http://xboxunity.net/

edit: forgot to mention to stop live there's a mod so you don't blow fuses or something plus you can disable live from within nxe

KBKBKB likes this.
  5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If you get banned you can't go online anymore and your profile gets corrupted, so you can't copy it over from the banned console to an unbanned one, but there are (or were) methods of uncorrupting the profile again. Also it's not much of a problem, because you can still download your profile from Xbox Live again, the data stored online is ok. And if you just use the profile on the banned console you don't experience any difference. Also that you're flagged doesn't mean that you're banned aswell.

I personally don't have a RGH Xbox 360, only a jailbroken PS3, because for me it was too complicated to do the RGH (I am really bad at soldering), therefore I can't really tell you how hard it is to install DLC for using them with the RGH.

KBKBKB likes this.
  6. KBKBKB

KBKBKB Regular member

Thanks for the extra infos and links

I'll have a read through :)

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

installing dlc isn't difficult,if it's free it'll work.
    if it was bought or whatever it will need unlocking,that's not an issue there's a software you plonk on the 360 hdd or wherever & basically hit unlock & hey presto locked content is unlocked

profile items like avatars are a different kettle of fish, however there's plenty of tuts & there's always youtube on how to get them to work, since they would've originally been on another 360 under another name,this is one project i haven't got around to doing with the avatars i got from PB,there is however a setup disc that will format the hdd & install everything to get you up & running including some avatars etc as well as partition for original xbox games,tho personally emulation isn't a good way to play them,best off with a modded original xbox

the pc software manager i listed earlier helps overcome other stuff by installing over LAN everything to it's proper place,to be fair i have never used it since i just install more crap manually including over LAN.hahaha that's another advantage of the hack you can ftp everything to the 360 ,it'll be easier once you understand the 360 hdd folder layout. "it's windows jim but not as we know it"

KBKBKB likes this.