1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBMC not reading discs

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DiNGi, Mar 25, 2007.

1. DiNGi

DiNGi Member

Hey guys about two months ago I purchased a new xbox console to mod for my friend. As I had already modded my one I had a good idea of what I was doing. Cut a long story short when it got to the dashboard part I loaded XBMC (latest t3ch version) and the box was running like a dream. Recently though it has been refusing any dvdrs cdrs that we make. This is strange as it was working fine before. Thinking the drive has packed in I test a real dvd and it boots fine. When I test the media on my xbox it plays it like a dream.

I did some googling and saw something about burning using ISO9660 which is what ive been doing all along its so odd.

My xbox is v1.0 samsung drive my friends is
    xbox v1.6 samsung drive (the latest xbox version dunno if its 1.6b etc)

Ive also got a screendump of how I burn my media. Thanks in advance guys this is racking my brains =)

[​IMG]

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

the only thing i can suggest is that you are burning to fast, and the drive isn't reading properly, or maybe your burner is starting to crap out. are you using cheap media or good media, what is your write speed, i don't recommend burning faster than 8x for anything, no matter what the disc is capable of.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Is XBMC you dashboard that you use? If so have you tried using another dashboard (EvoX, UnleashX) and just using XBMC as a program?
    I burn all my AVI's as a data disc, and have not tried music. It will also play VOB files in a Video-TS folder which is the standard for a retail DVD to be in.
    you could also try setting up an FTP connection to the PC and stream them and save some discs. Or FTP them to the hard drive and play them from there to see if that works.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007