1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBMC

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Excal, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Excal

Excal Guest

Anyone know of anywhere to find an easy to understand tutorial about hot to play audio, video, etc... files using SMB in XBMC to stream them from the computer to the xbox? I have been looking around and not even xbox-scene.com has one, at least not that i have seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

What OS?

i could not find a good one either but i did just get it working today.

Tell us your problems and somebody may help you.

3. Excal

Excal Guest

Windows XP Pro. Any way to get this working would be awesome, still can't find much about it.

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

are the discs you putting in the xbox to play in XBMC in UDF format? i think this may be it not sure though, but you can try burning the disc in UDF that is what i do for XBMP and it should be the same.

5. Excal

Excal Guest

Not using discs at all. Trying to use SMB in XBMC to connect to my comp. to stream the files over the network to the xbox and then out through my entertainment system. And I do emphasize the word trying...

6. ABMone

ABMone Guest

give some details where your stuck at and i think i can help you.

7. srdiesel

srdiesel Member

I had XBMC working perfectly. Then i went and swapped around some hard drives (slapped a 120 in my XBOX). Now it doesnt work. When i try to make a smb connection it says "network not connected". I am running it off EvoX. EvoX has the IP that i assigned to it, but when i check in XBMC, there's no IP (yes i have specified the IP in the xboxmediacenter.xml file). Anyone have any ideas?

Bryan

8. ten80

ten80 Member

I got XBMC running for the most part with the exception of smb...I can connect to my pc from another machine via SMB and get my files but I haven't been able to-do so with my xbox. I haven't heard of anyone really successfully streaming files over smb

9. ten80

ten80 Member

Oh almost forgot I got the unofficial release from PROPER if that helps anyone. And does anyone know if there is actually a official binary?