1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 1.4 (?) & SpiderChip 1.1

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheOner, Mar 2, 2005.

1. TheOner

TheOner Member

Hi
    I installed spiderchip 1.1 to xbox and it is alive.

[​IMG]

But what is my problem? When i start xbox the cromwell bios will not load. I have tried to start xbox without whole switch, switch on, switch off. Blue leds only lights up, but cromwell doesn't show up.

K:1.00.5101.01 and graphics chip is focus.

2. tyche7

tyche7 Member

Check the other posts regarding xbox and spiderchips. This probably has to do with the pogo pins not completely touching where they need to. If you physically hold the chip down with your finger, can you get the boot screen with it on?

3. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

From the picture I can see that there is a washer under the screw between the PCB and motherboard. This is a major problem that is causing bad connection with pogopin. Unless you have extra long pogopins on the under side of the Spiderchip, if it is the same kind of pogopin like those with the regular soldeless adapter, it's very difficult to make good contact with the mothboard LPC holes, especially hole #1 and #2.

My suggestion is: take out the modchip, put a thin insulation tape on the underside of the spidechip, put it back without the washer. I used a scotch tape, packing tape, or anything equivalent on my Aladdin and Matrix, it worked great.

4. TheOner

TheOner Member

[​IMG]

There u can see my muscle finger, pushing down spiderchip. Led will light up but it will always go to normal xbox bios. I tried "the tape thing" but then the whole led won't light up. I tried it once again and then led did do the "strobo thing" (bad connection?) and lights off. Then i tried again with finger but only led will light up and bios is missing :\.

Does anybody know "spots" on the motherboard what should be connected with spider? I thought that i could check connections between them and spider with my meter or something...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  5. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

D0 wire is not connected.