1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 1.5 users help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jk323, Dec 27, 2003.

1. jk323

jk323 Guest

hello there i have an xbox 1.5 brand new, im getting a modchip called xbit solderless coming out mid january 04 im wondering if its possible to burn xbox games some people say u cant some say u can if u can how can u connect the pc to the xbox straight out????
    what is required for you to connect ur xbox to the pc so u can xfer image files and also whats dash board??
    any help would be appreciated thanks alot to the helpful people

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

You can copy games but as you said you need to connect the xbox to the PC. The easiest way is to use a CROSSOVER ethernet cable connected directly in a ethernet card in your PC. A dashboard is a new menu for your xbox, these menus have a bunch of new options as well as FTP server capability so you can connect with your PC and transfer stuff.

3. jk323

jk323 Guest

wow! thats cool im keeping my xbox... I was leavinig it unopened cuz i thought you couldnt chip it and burn the games, but now that i know you can xfer files through pc but....
    How do I make image files on xbox??? is it possible to use its factory 8 gig hd and make image by image xferring to ur pc is it possible??

P.S. Mike what kind of ethernet cables??? you mean cat 5 wires?

Please Help Me Guys I'm So NEWBIE On Xbox

4. Abysmal

Abysmal Guest

You will still have to mod your xbox to get the new harddrive and menus into it..

5. jk323

jk323 Guest

is it possible to keep the stock harddrive on the xbox because im not going to store gamesonto hd im only going to back games up and play them on a disc thats been burned my question is...
    is it possible to make image file of a game thats less then 8 gigs then transferring over to the pc to burn it?? is it possible to do that with the stock hd that xbox comes in?

6. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

You don't need to put the games on the xbox HDD... you can copy all the files from the DVD to a folder on your PC (the xbox folder for the DVD-ROM is D ) ... then use IsoCraxtion to make an ISO of the folder you created and then burn the ISO with any software you want! It's that easy! :)

7. jk323

jk323 Guest

and where would i get this isocraxtion software

8. jk323

jk323 Guest

and also how would this be possible because when i put a game in the xbox dvd drive it plays and doesnt give me any option i use a 1.5 version xbox system brand new no modchip no nothing would i need a hacked bios to do this?

9. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

You could use a hacked bios but in that case you won't ever be able to go on XBOX Live... get a modchip... it's rather easy to install and it's woth it a lot! As for IsoCraxtion try a search on google, they have a homepage... but I'm not sure what it is!