1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by muumabo, Dec 30, 2004.

1. muumabo

muumabo Member

xbox 2 will certainly be the best console of its time but it cant read xbox games. what if it was possible to use a modchip for the xb2 that stored the games, like a xbox emulator for xb2. you know what ( bungie listen the hell up!) i think there should be a remake of the first halo with added levels and vehicles and graphics. like a halo/halo2 combo for the xb2, also it would be awesome to be able to custumize your xb2 bootup sequence (legally) and come out with a shareware program that lets you and your friends share mods for xb2 games like morrowind, and of course halo3.

2. evilgit

evilgit Member

Who said the XBOX 2 won't be able to read XBOX games?

(I'm a noob, just want to know)

3. blahwho

blahwho Regular member

Yo I heard that xbox 2 will be able to read xbox games and mayebe pc games also. Otherwise ps3 will blow xbox away becuase it will be able to read ps1 and ps2 disks.

4. muumabo

muumabo Member

ive heard from alot of people that the xb2 wont be able to read xbox games. you must consider that microsoft cant push the xbox to its full extent if it can read xbox games. kinda like how windows xp wont run windows 95 games. it is widely known (at least i hope) that the xb2 is going to run on an ati video chip, so there is definently gonna be some trouble between nvidia and microsoft,

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  5. NovusVir

NovusVir Guest

actually, they still arn't sure if it will be backwards comatable, even though it is now in beta testing. they do know that it will have interchangeable covers, like some cell phones. and that there will be mor than one version (XBox Next, XBox Next HD, and XBox Next PC).

And just because PS3 is backwards compatable, doesn't make it better.

personally, i hope it is not backwards compatable, the graphics will suffer.

6. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

No doubt someone will find a way to chip the sucker.

I'm more keen to find out whether it'll be able to emulate the ps2. That would be awesome.

Rumour has it that the new Xbox, GC and PS will have the same graphics card.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  7. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

ok hear is what i have heard about xbox-2

1. pricetag: around-500.00

2. the xbox 2 isn't a video game console it is a pc that plays xbox 1 games and xbox 2 games

3. a company in austraila have developed a emulator that is going to be placed on the new xbox 2 that converts xbox 1 to xbox 2 format

8. NovusVir

NovusVir Guest

well, my source (my friend's father) told me that they will try their hardest to make it for under 300 dollars, and there is a version that is a pc, there are 2 others which will be cheaper but be a console, like the current xbox. and i haven't heard anything about an emulator, but it sounds reasonable.

9. evilgit

evilgit Member

I read on www.joystiq.com that Burnout 4 will be a launch realse for the XBOX2. If someone could find out when Burnout 4 comes out, then this should give some idication of a XBOX2 release date.

10. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Cool, thx. Lets hope they do try to keep the cost affordable.