1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 and 3D problem.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by shin117, May 30, 2012.

1. shin117

shin117 Member

Hello all,

I have recently bought a 50" LG 3D plasma TV which is very nice and all, the problem I have is.

I have the game Halo:Combat Evolved and noticed it has a 3D option. So I tried it but the image is weird, not like 3D ive seen on other TV's. On My LG I can seen two images overlapped,like the image has been split down the middle and each image is streched to fit the screen and when I look through with my 3D glasses I still see both images. Also If i cover one eye (with my 3D glasses on) I can see one half of the image and vice versa. But I can also see the oposite image slightly too.

Im not sure if the problem is my TV, my Xbox 360 or me. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S I connect my Xbox to my TV with a VGA lead.

2. LightTrench

LightTrench Member

Sorry, but I think you need to use a HDMI 1.4 Cable to properly transmit the 3D Signal.

3. shin117

shin117 Member

Ok, Cant I use the the 3D through HDMI because I use VGA. Could that be the problem?

4. LightTrench

LightTrench Member

As far as I know, you will need to have an HDMI 1.4 cable to properly transmit the 3D signal. I thought I remember 3D not being able to enable unless it detects a 3D tv, but using VGA might confuse it.

5. shin117

shin117 Member

My Xbox doesnt have a HDMI connection. So will I have to buy a Xbox with a HMDI output to ply 3D games?

6. LightTrench

LightTrench Member

You might want to try the RGB Component HD cables. I have heard some games like Gears of War 3 work with component cables. Based on the way it sounds like it sends the signal, it may work.