1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 and computer monitor

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by OtakuX, Aug 7, 2007.

1. OtakuX

OtakuX Member

Ok this is the deal, I'm a college student and I'm trying to find the cheapest way to play my consoles without having to bring my big TV from home or buy another TV. What I was wondering is if I had a VGA to RCA cable connected to the monitor could i play my XBOX 360 on it? because best buy has a 22 inch LCD monitor on sale for like 179.99 that would be a steal...only if that would work. Anyways I'd like to know you guys' input or other alternatives. I have a TV tuner on my laptop so I don't have to have a television. Thanks!

2. budro

budro Regular member

yeah, totally, just buy a VGA cable from microsoft or a cable like it, and you'll be set!

3. OtakuX

OtakuX Member

Awesome! that works thanks!

4. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

you can also buy whats called an adaptec gamebridge. basically you can plug your rca cables into this little box and the output is usb so you can use your laptop monitor instead of buying a new lcd screen. There about 10.00$ on ebay.

5. budro

budro Regular member

good suggestion, however, you won't get the HD quality.

6. OtakuX

OtakuX Member

hm...i didn't think about that

7. OtakuX

OtakuX Member

I don't really care about HD for school, I mean i just wanna play my games. I have an HD TV at home. Oh if i decide to use VGA to RCA component...would I need something else to make sure the sound plays through the speakers I'm connecting through the audio plug on the monitor?

8. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

use vga plug they run for 20-40$ depending on if u buy name brand or gerneric....it has 2 rca plugs for sound and vga for picture enjoy.......

9. budro

budro Regular member

i don't know if y ou'll have to buy extra cables or not, i've never heard of anybody using one

10. OtakuX

OtakuX Member

ok I'm back in school and I tried hooking my ps2 up with this cable [​IMG] and it wont work...I can get sound when i put the audio cables in my sub for my speakers...but i can't get video...any ideas why?