1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 and PC Window Media center help cant get it to work

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lmejianyc, Apr 6, 2007.

1. lmejianyc

lmejianyc Member

Xbox 360 and PC Window Media center help cant get it to work

I just bought a xbox 360 and a d-link gamer router Love it I not that good i get my butt handed to me but it fun.. My problem is I can't get it to with my pc I have it hard wire not wireless for better stream but Micosoft Media Extender can't found my xbox 360 I turn off my firewall and I read on a site to make sure some kind of ports are open they had a list of them and i just have a few of t hem and they are open... or do I make up the ports and open them??? I hope you understand what I'm talking about Thank you

2. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

You need to plug a flash drive with your wireless settings into your 360 for it to work.

3. lmejianyc

lmejianyc Member

I don't have the xbox 360 wireless I have it hard wire or does it need to go wireless to work?? thank you or can you show me a site how to set it up easy

4. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Well, if you have it just plugged into the router, then it should work. ..Have you set up Windows Media Connect or Windows Media Player 11 (if you have it).

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

try using media connect thing download it. i thing u can torrent it and im pretty sure that is legal software to torrent since it isn't priced. ill used it since it was faster and worked easier then the other method.

TO USE THE MEDIA CENTER EXTENDER (ull need win xp media center):
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/extender/default.mspx

TO USE MEDIA CONNECT:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/devices/wmconnect/default.aspx
    (it says it built into new windows media player but worked crap for me, try torrenting it if it doesn't work for you either)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  6. lmejianyc

lmejianyc Member

Hey people Thanks for everything I got it working and it cool I went to the d-link web site and downloaded Network Magic I was just wondering if this well work and it did Thnks again this site is great and happy easter