1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 backing up games.... need some assistance.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ghostbugg, May 17, 2007.

1. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

ok... so when i found out that i could do this i was deffinetly happy about it. ive already had to replace one game, and one xbox as it is. this is my problem though. i bought the blaster 360, which seems to be working fine. but im trying to backup my games use wxripper, and the method of using a 8gb disk, getting magic number, replacing it with the game without ejecting, then dumping the files. but when i dump my oblivion game it comes out to be 253MB, which i know is not correct. can anyone one tell me what is going wrong. im using a dummy disk i created that is 7.95GB, which is working as far as i can tell. and im not getting any errors when i dump the files. i also had to change the layout file, replacing rows 1 and 3 with a D in place of the C, which changes them to dummy instead of copy. the tutorial i have says it should take a while, but it only takes about 30 seconds when it dumps. could really use some assistance. thank you.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

not what you want to hear but here is my suggestion. Make it easy on yourself and spend the $50 on Ebay and buy the Samsung SH-D162C (IDE) or the SH-D163A (SATA) DVD-Rom drive for your PC. It will make backing up games as simple as this:
    1. Download and install both Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 and IMGburn V2.1 (both are free)
    2. put Xbox game disk in PC drive listed above (flashed with Kreon Firmware) which if it doesn't come that way will take you a matter of seconds to do.
    3. After PC recognizes the disc open Xbox Backup Creator, go to tools and click unlock drive
    4. go to read tab and press start (now it copies the game, stealth patched, to your PC hard drive

Now burn with IMGburn as follows:
    1. open program
    2. set layer break:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    3. browse and load ISO file and burn at 4X on Verbatim DVD+R DL

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  3. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

i just spent $100 to get the blaster 360. i have a 4 month old sony dvd dl burner that i'v never had any problems with. i'd rather not spend any more money on this right now. not saying your not right, but if i could get a better explanation as to why i need to buy a new burner, or why this is accuring, i would really apreciate it.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

The Samsung drive is not a burner, it is only a DVD-Rom. So it only reads discs. And the reason people get it is because it is the only drive right now that when flashed with firmware can read original Xbox 360 game discs in your PC.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/424523

5. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

If you belong to any torrent sites just download and burn, you wont have any problems..

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you wont have any problems besides the fact that its illegal. and some ISP's track what you download.

7. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

i use all sorts of free torrent sites, never find what im looking for. i own 3 games. oblivion, nfs carbon, and halo 2, and i cant find torrents for any of them, atleast not that are good. for the record, i know its illegal to burn games you dont have, but i own these games, and all i want to do is make duplicates.

btw, what your saying is that if i buy the samsung dvd rom drive for my pc, i would have to flash it with firmware, which im sure i can find a tutorial on, but my pc doesnt have an SATA slot. im getting a pci SATA card to use the blaster 360, but will this also work with the dvd drive? im starting to think it might be cheaper just to buy 2 of every game. lol. anyway, thank you for the assistance. although i dont want to spend any more money, it looks like thats the easiest way to fix the problem.

If anyone else has a solution to the problem, feel free to inform me.

oops, realized that there is a IDE version. question though, before i go off and buy this. from what i see, they pretty much all say KREON, whatever that is. but i have seen a few that say xbox 360, or rip/backup software included. so im wondering, should i get one that says xbox 360 or rip/backup software included. sorry for the confusion, but this has been a complicated process, but i hate to give up.

Last edited: May 17, 2007