1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Backing Up Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rich22, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Rich22

Rich22 Member

Ok, I'm going to list the steps that I'm doing and I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong because I currently have 5 €8 coasters...

1.) Get my original game and a DVD thats about 6+gigs. Put the dvd in and then I open up wxripper, click on stop drive, switch disk and spin, I then proceed to "finding the magic number" from there I go on to dumping the image. The final product being a .iso(thats it) file left on my desktop.

2.) From there I open up SS Merger, load up the .iso file, then load up the ss.bin file, while getting red and the debug page about how the database is offline. So i merge them anyways even though im not seeing any green but I've heard it works anyways and that creates a .dvd file on my desktop.

3.) From there I open up ImgBurn(i've also tried clonecd and dvd decrypter, clonecd being the only one thats made it to 100% with a disk but it came up on the 360 as "unrecognizable disk") change the booktype to DVD-ROM make sure the layerbreak is set to 1913760.Set the speed to 2-2.4x

4.) I then click burn and then pretty much wait for it to fail. Twice I think its come up as failed to write sector so I tried a different game and the same happened. The other two just went down to a write speed of 0kb/s and I've no clue about what happened there and the 5th disk worked all the way til it came time to put it in the 360 where it came up as "unrecognizable disk"

Now my questions are:

What am I doing wrong?

Would it just be worth getting the samsung and pioneer drives?

Or shall I just give up altogether because Im about ready to give up its failed so much?

BTW my 360 drive is flashed with Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_2_Stealth 8in1

Thanks for reading it and sorry to post a new thread its the only way i seem to get answers..

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

Backing up does not get any easier than the sammy poineer combo really doubt you could mess it up unless one has problems using a mouse. Only method ive used and would highly recommend it esp if your xbox is already flashed that is the hard part.

3. fgamer

fgamer Guest

rich22 you should be using a DVD+R DL disk at least 7.9GB in size ( I think thats where your problem is at). Either you make a data DVD by puting a bunch of stuff on it until you reach 7.9GB or higher then burn with whatever program you have (Nero etc.) OR find a DVD movie thats 7.9GB or higher such as Gladiator or Hitch. Heres a video guide on how to rip Xbox 360 games using the hotswap method. Very helpful I guarantee... http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GD6AG1eEo

4. Rich22

Rich22 Member

Just to let the people who have been helping me know that I ordered up the Samsung and Pioneer drives. I'll let you guys know how I get on when they arrive. If for some reason they dont work, I will cry....

5. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

Rich update your firmware to 2.3 and try those burns you have already made first!