1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox 360 backup need help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by antoniof7, Dec 10, 2007.

1. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

Hi,

I have read through this forum trying to find the best way to backup Xbox 360 games, and my understanding was to buy the following products.
    Samsung DVD ROM SH-D162C Kreon V1.0.
    Pioneer 111D or 112D.
    Xbox Backup Creator V2.6
    Schtrom V3.3
    ImgBurn V2.3
    Clone CD V5.3
    Xbox 360 Flashed Xtreme Firmware 5.2
    Media: MAXDATA
    Media or Disc ID: CMC MAG-D04-00

I actually bought the 112D because the 111D wasn't available.
    My problem is not the extraction/ripping of the game from my original game its the burning of the image. The burner will burn the image of the game OK, but when I try and play it on the Xbox 360 all I get is this message "to play this disc put in an Xbox 360 console."
    I have read that a few other members have had the same problem, and if so how did they fix it?

Maybe its the media I'm using? Plan to buy some Verbatims if I can get hold of some, no computer shop around my area has any for sale.

Please help.
    Thanks in advance

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

it could be your media. everyone says use verbs because they are the best, but it is not necessary, i have never heard of maxdata before, second, your burner i am sure needs to be updated just goto pioneers website for firmware updates. the newest firmware for your x360 drive is i extreme 1.4, 5.2 is pretty outdated. your kreon drive should be flashed with .81(i think, don't know if there is a new one for kreon yet). just make sure you are burning the .dvd file and not the .iso file. burn at 2.4 or 4x for best, most accurate results.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I would try some Verbatims, if it still will not work i would say you may have had a bad flash if none of the back ups work. The discs your using are CMC Mag (CMC Magnetics) which is a cheaper dye then what the Verbatims use.
    5.2 although outdated would still play the game if it was correctly made on good media.

Also if you used XBC to make it make sure that you have the settings correct. On the read tab make sure you have it set to do the full backup and not just current partition. Also you check for the setting that says to use splitvid and uncheck that.

The only problem you could have with 5.2 is that it will play back ups that are not "stealth" and that is not good when playing online. So make sure you stealth check the image before burning it with DVDmulleter. Other than that there is really no need to update the firmware. I know a few people who still run 5.2 firmware and it works just fine online.

4. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

i would try a few things

1. use imgburn to burn the games, and make sure to either open the ".dvd" file or manually set the layerbreak

2. update your 112d with the latest firmware from pioneer

3. burn at 2.4x speed to start - if all works, then you can increase speed

5. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Steimy, where is the tab for splitvid on XBC? I want to uncheck it like you said, thanks man

6. steimy

steimy Active member

I am not at home right now to look. I would say either under the read tab or under the tools tab. Just look under each tab and see if you see a check box for it. I know some versions like 2.5 had it, not sure about anything newer because i got a beta version of 2.5 when it was in testing and have just never upgraded it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  7. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Thanks dude, 2.7 doesn't have it. Steimy, why don't you use Schtrom instead? Schtrom is easier i think.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

I just use what works. I have used Schtrom and for me it is really no easier. With XBC i press two buttons and i am done. But i have all the essential programs. XBC, Schtrom, DVDmulleter, IMGburn...
    My theory is if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. That is why i do not do firmware upgrades on my system or even update programs as often as others. Everyone seems to think that if a newer version comes out that they just must have it, which is not true. I am still using XBC 2.5 beta (in other words XBC 2.6) and it works every time.

9. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

Thanks guys for all the replys, much appreciated.

I've taken my Xbox 360, which by the way is a Halo 3 Special edition console back to the guy that done the mod and he tried a backup of one of his games and it worked fine. He said the xbox drive is a hataichi but, wasn't sure of the model but could be a 79. He uses the same media as I do and a pioneer 112D 1.09 to backup his games. and they all work fine.

My pioneer as you know is a 112D but the firmware is 1.24.

My only worry is and this could be why I'm burning coasters that I cant booktype to dvd-rom as Xbox Creator recommends. Some members have said that the pioneers automatically do it but when I look at the info before I burn, the booktype is DVD+R DL and yes I set the layer break in user specified to 1913760.

I've bought some verbatims over the net and I'm waiting on delivery.
    Once I get them I'll give them a go.Thanks to all for your help in advance.

10. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

what burning program are you using? if you can, try to use imgburn. i've never had a bad backup with imgburn. i was not able to get Nero to work.

as for booktype...the DVD+R DL should be fine. i think that's what mine shows.

11. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

I have tried burning both images that were created by Schtrom and Xbox Backup Creator using both Imgburn and XBC to no avail. All I get when I place the burnt copy on the Xbox 360 is this message ‘to play this disc put in an xbox 360”

As far as I can see I’m doing everything right, but just in case I’ll explain how I go about it., maybe other members can spot if I’m doing something wrong.

1. I ripped/extracted the image using Schtrom and Xbox backup creator with Samsung SH-D162C with Kreon V1.00 firmware and stealth checked both and both passed.
    2. opened Imgburn selected the pioneer 112D 1.24 and tried to change book type to DVD-Rom but it cant be done. Set the layer break In user specified to 1913760. Changed automatic write speeds and write speeds to 2.4X.
    3. Opened Xbox backup creator and selected write, selected ‘auto detec’t in Xbox iso type and ‘Imgburn’ in burn engine. Selected writing speed 2.4X and clicked start then selected the dvd file and burnt the game.
    4. Tried the same using Xbox backup creator by selecting XBC in burn engine

Hope this helps to identify what I’m doing wrong . Does anyone know if the Firmware in my pioneer 112D 1.24 needs to be updated because I’ve only got it brand new a few weeks ago. Thanks to everyone for your help in advance.

12. tghars

tghars Member

Hi...I had a similar problem ..just had my xbox re-flashed so i can play backups on xbox live ..the guy who flashed it said to make sure to use only ntfc torrents ..the pal copies i did had the same error message ..just done kane and lynch this time in ntfc not pal and works fine ..hope its of some help mate..

13. tghars

tghars Member

By the way i used ..AONE..discs. also done lights camra action and skate.in ntfc both ok.

14. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

Hi tghars,
    ok, the xbox 360 game I'm trying to backup is in fact a PAL version and maybe thats the problem. Is there a way I can change it to an ntfc version? I'd be willing to give it a go if there was. Thanks.

15. tghars

tghars Member

16. soad82

soad82 Member

A buddy of mine told me to use Xbox Backup Creator and then told me to upgrade to 2.7 so I did I tried to copy to a HP DL dvd+r and I am getting the same message as some of the other people "to play this disc put in an Xbox 360 console." now whats better HP or Verbatims? I have everything I need I think. He told me I would not have to do any updates to my xbox 360. Is this true or is he blowing smoke somewhere. If i have to update my xbox 360 is there a chance I can damage it? And is it easy?

17. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

I just tried to backup an xbox 360 game using Xbox Backup Creator V2.7 and the Samsung DVD-rom with Kreon firmware V1.00 to rip the game to my hard drive. Stealth Checked it to make sure everything was ok.
    Used Verbatims and ImgBurn to burn the game by selecting the DVD File. When it finished I got the same message "to play this disc put it in an xbox 360 console"
    I'm stumped I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. If anyone has come across this message and knows what the problem is please help.