1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Aldee, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Aldee

Aldee Guest

7 coasters so far and only got Tony Hawks project 8 to run (no video cut scenes).Could it be the media ? (Aone DL DVD+R) Flashed the firmware XBOX and PC Samsung 162 and using Xbox backup creator v2.1 .Also used Schtrom v3.1 but no joy.Any help please.

AD

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

It could be the media. The only media that I heard that works well is Verbatim. There was another one, but I can't seem to remember. Try Verbatim and see if that works. You can get them for cheap on ebay.

3. Aldee

Aldee Guest

Cheers will try some Verbatim media and let you know if this works

AD

4. Aldee

Aldee Guest

Reflashed firmware to read 12x all media.(xtreme52 a) Works!!!!
    with a-one discs and verbatim some hp discs work also.Thnx for info on verbatim

5. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Best media is memoriex or however u spell it its good price for the amount of cds you burn i have only made 7 coasters of 50 games

6. steimy

steimy Active member

memorex (also known as Memosux) is one of the worst media's that you could ever buy.
    It is medium quality media at best and they used very low quality CMC magnetics dye.

Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden are your best bet for quality, long lasting dye. Or even Philips which although they use CMC as well it is a much better quality.
    Look at a good media store like supermediastore.com and you will see Philips got 5 stars, and they do not even sell Memorex.

7. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

the two media i've had no problems with are verbs an sony dl's just my two cents if someone wondered

8. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Steimy idk what you are talking about Memorex is all I use, and they work perfect for me. Tho I will agree Verbatims are the best they can get pretty costly and most stores here dont have them in stock. So to say Memorex are the worst is a little much.

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I have to agree with Steimy! The Memorex do work, but don't work that well. I have Crackdown on a Memorex DVD+R DL, and I get freezing, and all of these other problems. My other games are on Verbatim, and they all work with no problems.

10. xsalernox

xsalernox Member

i use fugifilm and i didnt get any problems at all. cheap too

11. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Hmm well in that case im gona burn crackdown again on a V whatever i cant ever spell it beacuse i have it on the memorex and it frezzes some times but the other games work fine

12. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

downloaded crackdown and the update/fix for crackdown but cant change the .iso to the .000. some help please

13. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

What does the update/fix do? Does that fix some of the Graphic crap that screws up in the Game? Like on mine, some of the buildings don't show up completely (like you can see right through them)!