1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 BenQ or Liteon and JungleFlasher?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Shimorei, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Shimorei

Shimorei Member

To get this out of the way: I bought the system second hand and cannot contact the seller.

I have been looking into Soft Mods and been trying to properly identify the drive. The cables are all black which do not match the identifiers. Jungle Flasher claims that it is Lite-On PLDS DG-16D2S; however, the label on the drive claims that it is a BenQ 62430c.

I tried extracting the firmware for both types of drives and it says fail for BenQ and I do not have the tools needed for Liteon.

Is there any way to tell for sure what kind of drive this is? Is there any way to tell if this drive is already modded? Thanks

2. dagdaniel

dagdaniel Regular member

Given that it shows up as a Liteon and the label says it's a benq, it's more than likely been spoofed meaning it's been modded before but not necessarily with ixtreme firmware

3. Shimorei

Shimorei Member

Is there any way I can check the firmware?

4. Shimorei

Shimorei Member

If this is a spoofed benq, is there any way i can load ixtreme into it without tools needed for liteon?

5. Shimorei

Shimorei Member

Is there any advice I can get towards this issue? I want to install custom firmware, is it easier to sell and buy a new one?