1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 black screen upon game load

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by mjavado, Aug 1, 2014.

1. mjavado

mjavado Member

I'm having a very weird problem with my Xbox: I can't play a game while either my HDD or my internet cable is connected.

I first noticed this while booting a game after a short break. My Xbox functioned properly just half an hour before that. If I boot my game, any game, both backup or hard copy, I get a black screen. I can still activate the Xbox menu, but when I press Y to go back to the Home menu, my console freezes.
    The weird thing is that this doesn't happen if either one or both of the following:
    - I disconnect my Hard Drive (it still happens if I connect another though so the HDD isn't faulty)
    - I disconnect my ethernet cable and boot the game
    I can boot my game by disconnecting my ethernet cable. If booted, the game runs smoothly, even after reconnecting the cable and being connected to Xbox Live.
    I'm pretty sure my console is not flagged, as I can still connect to Xbox Live.

Has anyone got any idea what part of my Xbox is malfunctioning?

2. mjavado

mjavado Member

Oh, according to Xbox support, this problem is a fault of their servers. Great that google has not linked me to that page in the last 5 hours while google-ing for a fix. They're on it. Should have checked http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status I guess...

In the mean time, if you're having the same problems: unplug ethernet cable, boot game, plug in ethernet cable, enjoy.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

What does booting a game have to do with live i was just curious as it doesn't seem logical,the link you provide doesn't help answer

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Interesting ! i have a jtag that never connects to live yet i've noticed when its connected to the router it takes a few reboots to actually get it to home screen otherwise it just boots but nothing happens,occasionally i get pissed off & remove ether cable then it boots to home, same thing can happen when an external drive is connected,once it's booted connecting the ether or external hdd or both it's fine can even reboot to home,i always suspected it was a detecting issue,desktop pc's can have detection issues as well tho more so for hardware