1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 Blinking Middle Green Light

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by daoliveri, Dec 3, 2010.

1. daoliveri

daoliveri Member

A few months ago my dvd drive quite responding after i tried to flash using the xbox as power and my pc's onboard sata. Green light was flashing and drive wouldn't eject. I bought a new drive.

Flash was good using the same setup and the new drive. Green light still blinking. Every once in a while the drive starts to eject and closes. I put a disk in the drive and i can hear it spin up. I'm thinking it's a sata connection issue with the 360 mobo. Any suggestions?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. tez90

tez90 Regular member

check the power and sata cables when my xbox did something similar to this, it was a wire had snapped inside the white plug and was not connecting properly! when the grren light blinks i think its when the drive isnt connected properly.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  4. daoliveri

daoliveri Member

the white plug is the power correct? The drive is being powered as i used the xbox as a power source while flashing.

5. tez90

tez90 Regular member

but the wire on mine was the one you pul for flashing the lighton to keep the drive open, and this alos makes any the green light blink with any drive

6. tez90

tez90 Regular member

but the wire on mine was the one you pull for flashing the liteon to keep the drive open, and this alos makes any the green light blink with any drive LOL DOUBLE POST?????

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  7. BillB

BillB Regular member

It could be either the sata connection, or the power connection. If either are not functioning properly, the green light will flash constantly. The drive ejecting is a good sign as it means that there is firmware on the drive. Try replacing both the sata cable and the power cable if you can get your hands on some.

By any chance, is your old drive a liteon? Did your computer lock up when you hit liteon erase? If so, don't chuck your old drive in the trash just yet.... You might be able to revive it using dosflash.

8. daoliveri

daoliveri Member

I'm going to find some cables online tonight. My old drive is a Liteon and the flash was good on that drive also...i took some advice and went and ordered this new drive as i thought that the old drive had been bricked. If it turns out to be just the cables...then i bought this new drive for nothing. But I would rather have a spare dvd drive that than the xbox mobo be messed up and have to replace the entire system. It still works as a very nice media center though.

9. daoliveri

daoliveri Member

bought new cables...still blinking light

10. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

blinking light means its your drive,try reflashing again,also sometimes the drive tray wont open all the way or close tight,give that a try,pull the drive tray all the way and push it in so it can lock

11. daoliveri

daoliveri Member

i've flashed two separate drives..JF says both flashes were good.

12. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

In which case your may have a faulty drive, your next step is to spoof your dumped firmware to a new drive. If this doesn't work, I'm sorry to say your xbox is screwed.