1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 broken console Justice

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 360freeze, Aug 9, 2007.

1. 360freeze

360freeze Member

Has your XBOX 360 frozen up while playing a game? Has it scratched game disks? Has it displayed multiple error messages after updates?

Don’t waste your time with Microsoft customer service. They will keep you on hold for an hour or more and simply read scripted responses to you.

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Use this link and follow the instructions. Microsoft headquarters is located in the State of Washington.

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

The BBB will contact them and work on your behalf to resolve the issue. If a business receives enough formal complaints, it sends a strong message to lawmakers.

Stand up for yourself and hold Microsoft accountable for their deceptive business practices. There is no excuse for producing such a large number of defective XBOX 360 units.

2. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

How are they supposed to get their console fixed then? Also, most Call Center agents use scripted responses, you're talking to a Customer Service rep, not a technician.

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

An hour or more??? I was with my friend when he had to call in. It took 10 minutes. And if you bypass MS's repair center and go right to the BBB, what are you going to tell them..."well, no, I didn't bother at all to contact MS and see what my options are and if they'ld help me." That's not what the BBB is for and they'll tell you that.

Don't be lazy and don't expect people do do stuff for you. Yes, I know the number of rrod's is outragious. But MS has stepped up, extended the warranty, and it sorting out the problem.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Actually that is what the BBB is for. To help consumers that have either been taken advantage of or similar. They are there to help, have items that are faulty be brought to light and hold the manufacturers accountable for such practices.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Well, of course, but that when the other means of satification have been exhausted. The poster is advising to not even try to get the unit serviced/replaced. I'm sorry you don't feel that's bad advice... but it is.

I 100% agree with everyone else that MS f..ked up by dragging this hardware issue for so long. But still, they stepped up and admitted the problem, extended the warranty to cover it, and even set up a web site to help speed up the repair process. They've revised the console with a new heatsink and the new processors are in production so we should be seeing those pretty soon.

Honestly, what more should be expected atm? It's not like they're sitting on their a$$'s, doing nothing to try and resolve the problem.

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Seems like a perfect utilization of the BBB to me...