1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 burning help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Rondon1, May 22, 2015.

1. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Hi there I am a complete noob to backing up my games when I burn the game it reds the games in Xbox dash says play game but says disk unreadable ? These are the steps I take . I download the file .extract using winrar . Use xbgx360 to patch . Leaves me with 2 files . 1 that's 2kb and one big file . I put in a verb DVD +r DL disk use max burn tool open imgburn burn as image to disk burns 100% ejects disk put it in my Xbox comes up no image says play game . Get a unrecognisable please clean etc . I press x on pad it reconises it's Fifa as it comes up demo or buy full game . I used Nero tool info and my burner is DVD +r dual layer compatable . Tryied a few different games now all region free and setting set to pal etc etc . Am I doing something wrong ? Img burn is recognising my disks and I don't get any warnings . Etc . And I do have the latest firmware installed on Xbox . As all my other games I got from someone else to do for my me work fine but he will not give out that information because you know what . Any help would be great cheers . Sorry total noob . Ron

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

What burner are you using? And what discs are you trying to burn on verb 003's or 001's and manufactured in what country?

3. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Hi rich how can I tell buddy ? Thanks for response . Burner max says it compatable and enables . patches lite on burner . I could get the exact model number but how ?? Cheers rich

4. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH ATA DEVICE .. Asus k5su . I used Nero info tool . DVD +r dual layer read and write comparability !! It's passes the burner max tool which some one said it wouldn't if drive was compatable . The driver is a windows driver . ?? Maybe it should be Asia driver . All burns fine but Xbox 360 once in just says play game no image so I press x how u would usually install game etc it comes up Fifa demo and but Fifa that's it . So it recognises its Fifa but won't play just say can't read disk maybe am burning wrong or extracting wrong ? Using winrar which leaves me with 2 files one iOS and one small file 2kb . Only think I see on disk cover that came in spindal is verbatim #43666 And there's another one 1391-137 . Added a few pics may help sorry mate complete noob cheers for taking the time to help mate

Attached Files:

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Wow, ok, let's see. You burn the image to disk, meaning you use the .iso file? If yes, you didn't set the layer break, which means your game won't work. Use the .dvd file instead (the small one).

Rondon1 likes this.
  6. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

I've tryied using both buddy . I've noticed people put a layer break custom in what would u re commend settings wise all in ? What about the other setting on the bottom right corner over speed etc ?? Cheers for reply bro appreciated . Also what number should I use for layer break ? I'll keep u up to date with my findings but full setting would be great full bud . Cheers Ronnie

7. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

The program's I use are imgburn , xbgx360 for stealth , max burner , winrar . Any decent sites u recommend ps never touched settings on them apart from settings to pal for the UK .

8. richietea

richietea Regular member

Its more than likely your burner.Although it may be compatible through the payload tool it can still make a big difference to quality of your burns depending on the burner.You have a slim type reading between the lines,which at the best of times are pretty useless.Although i cannot conclude this is your only factor in creating a bad burn.Try reducing background tasks or burning in windows safe mode.I once used used a laptop,however i ended up buying a burner that could be crossed flashed for £20 and using a sata to usb and molex psu to connect it through the lappy.

9. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Could it be to do with the layer break like what eish said ?

10. richietea

richietea Regular member

ImgBurn will by default have it (layerbreak) set to auto.Also if you selected the wrong file of the two you have ImgBurn will give you a ticking off with a warning.Make sure your not truncating the disc by accident.Have you tried running the backup through another flashed console as your laser maybe too weak to read the verbatim's.

Also what is your setup?
    Run in safe mode as suggested.
    Your media ID (003/001) will show up in ImgBurn on the first page once a blank disc is inserted.
    Try another console.
    What is your nero disc score when testing the quality?
    Buy another burner something like the link below
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optiarc-8-7GB-Speed-Burner-Overburn/dp/B0086ZU8XK

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  11. Rondon1

Rondon1 Newbie

Hi mate I haven't runt Nero disk score ? Is that free software ? Yes I've tried it on 2 flashed consoles . Just sad play game as described above mate . I'll try it in safe mode how do I do this ? Also is that burner u mentioned external ? What would I need to run it ? Cheers for replying bud

12. richietea

richietea Regular member

Definitely your burner.As previously mentioned slim type dvd drives don't work as a whole for burning xgd3 etc.The link is for a internal dvd drive but can be used for external into your laptop.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Rondon1 likes this.
  13. DavyMc35

DavyMc35 Newbie

Hi how did u download the max burner I can't for the life of me get it working!! Have the problem of not enough space by very little, have done other smaller games no problem so I know it's the burner!

14. richietea

richietea Regular member

15. DavyMc35

DavyMc35 Newbie

I just got imgburn working by sorting out ini. So is there a newer imgburn?? Also do u think there is some sort of block on my laptop as I have to dig deep to find things and can still only find one site for torrent downloads!! Sorry for the lack of knowledge as just back on the computer scene from yrs back :)

16. DavyMc35

DavyMc35 Newbie

I would say I need a new burner then going by what I've read.

17. richietea

richietea Regular member

You ISP has probably blocked certain websites for you to access.I think its safe to say you will need a burner capable of decent DL burning especially xgd3.

18. DavyMc35

DavyMc35 Newbie

Is there a way to unblock it

19. richietea

richietea Regular member

There is,but such talk on the forums is considered piracy and Admin will have a field day.

20. DavyMc35

DavyMc35 Newbie

Oops sry bout that like I said I'm a newbie thanks a lot anyway!!