1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 cant connect to TVERSITY PC

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chozunone, Aug 27, 2007.

1. chozunone

chozunone Member

I'm having issues trying to get my Xbox 360 to recognize my PC running TVERSITY media server. Any one have any suggestions or ideas why I cant connect? I already shut the firewall off on the PC but still no luck. :(

The PC is windows 2000, so I'm not able to upgrade to WMP11. However I installed ACE codecs.

Any help is appreciated.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Start off by going through how you are trying to connect. It will be very hard to help you with so little information.

1. Did you set it all up on the 360 under the media blade?
    2. can you connect to Xbox Live at all?
    3. Have you looked into, or forwarded any ports?

3. chozunone

chozunone Member

Both the PC and the 360 are on the same router. PC is wireless, 360 is hardwired to it.

1: Not sure what you mean by this, On the media blade of the 360 when I click on video and click on computer, the 360 searches but cant find the PC.

2: I can connect to Xbox Live with no issues.

3: On the router, I set Tversity (port 41952)port forwarding to the PC(192.168.1.46) for the TVersity port

In TVersity setup settings, i set it to Xbox 360 for media playback device and have specified the media folder to be shared.

Not sure if I'm missing any other things.
    Thanks

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Sounds about right, i am just trying to remember since it has been 6-8 months since i even tried using that program. And when i did all i had to do was install it and because i already had a home network set up on my PC for my old Xbox the 360 had no problems finding TVersity on my PC. You may even want to give ORB a try instead and see if the 360 can find that. I do not remember having to forward any ports with either program.