1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 controller not working on PC

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ucfmoe, Apr 24, 2007.

1. ucfmoe

ucfmoe Regular member

Up until today, my XBOX 360 controller worked fine on my PC, I would connect it and it would be recognizes just fine and the first quadrant light would turn on and I could use it to play on MAME Arcade. But today, when I plugged it into the USB port it started acting like it was installing for the first time, it recognized it as an XBOX 360 controller but then half way through the install process it came up with an error that says a problem occurred while installing the device, it may not work properly; now the green light doesnt turn on.

I've tried plugging it into a different USB port with no luck. I've checked the device manager and the controller is listed all the way at the bottom with a yellow mark next to it, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and updating the driver with no luck, also tried downloading drivers from the Microsoft website, any idea what this could be?

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

HEY man how did you get it work on your computer, gimm a link or just a few work and i'll be satisfied

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

himm, get some hombrew software of google for it , i know it works, also if your lucky then you might just have a restore point from the past few days, or back up the files you will lose if you make a restore point that is from a long time ago and just put back in and try to run the 360 controller

4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

RE:HEY man how did you get it work on your computer, gimm a link or just a few work and i'll be satisfied