1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 controller not working on PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ucfmoe, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ucfmoe

ucfmoe Regular member

Up until today, my XBOX 360 controller worked fine on my PC, I would connect it and it would be recognizes just fine and the first quadrant light would turn on and I could use it to play on MAME Arcade. But today, when I plugged it into the USB port it started acting like it was installing for the first time, it recognized it as an XBOX 360 controller but then half way through the install process it came up with an error that says a problem occurred while installing the device, it may not work properly; now the green light doesnt turn on.

I've tried plugging it into a different USB port with no luck. I've checked the device manager and the controller is listed all the way at the bottom with a yellow mark next to it, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and updating the driver with no luck, also tried downloading drivers from the Microsoft website, any idea what this could be?

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

do other things still work ok in your usb ports?

does the pad still work in another pc or xbox?

i have the same pad and mine is ok but for some reason fifa 07 picks it up as 2 pads but both are controlled by the one pad, which means i keep getting offside.

i have to say they are just guesses but if you can isolate the problem to one of the above its a start.

3. ucfmoe

ucfmoe Regular member

Yes, other things plugged in via usb work fine, flash drives, etc..
    And the controller works fine in the XBOX itself.

4. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

hhhmmmm????

only other thing i can think of is a different driver.

5. alecuba

alecuba Member

my controller was working fine in windows untill now that i get the sound of Windows XP hardware fail whenever i connect it in any usb in my computer...im installing it in my laptop now to see wat happens...in the mean time, how can i unistall it from my pc, cuz it doesnt show anywhere in my device manager...how would i do this?? thanks