1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 Controller not working

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Drazi10, May 5, 2007.

1. Drazi10

Drazi10 Member

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a little problem i've got.

I've just bought an XBOX 360 Controller for Windows to play GTR2 and am having difficulty making it work!

I've installed the drivers from the microsoft website but the install drivers wizard keeps popping up and asking me to install the drivers. When i try to complete the wizard it says it can't find the drivers and that the device wont work properly. The controller doesn't show up in the controllers list through the control panel. I have installed the drivers as when i run the install driver program it says it is successfully installed.

I've tried different usb ports, this has no effect. The controller is recognised as being present in device manager. I can't use the controller in GTR 2 as it doesn't detect any controller. I've tried searching for different drivers and installing these, but i just get the same results.

I know that this controller should work with GTR 2 as i know people who use it with the game.

If anyone could help, you will save me from going bald as i'm tearing my hair out over this!

Thanks in advance.

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

it works for me :shrug:

i had to click on the right tab at the top of the controls options screen in the game and my 360 pad was there.