1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox 360 Dashboard Update Query

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gamerz123, Jun 6, 2012.

1. gamerz123

gamerz123 Member

Okay in November last year, I played Assassin's Creed Revelations and it asked me.to update to play the game. I did that and played the game. Then I realised that my XBox Flash had been removed because of the update. Now I re-flashed it and have played Arkham City and MW3 since.

Now, I just bought Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier. BOTH games ask me update in order to play. Now my question is will this update again Remove my flash just like Revelations did? Because I don't want to re-flash my console again. If it DOES remove my flash, is there any way I can play the games without updating the dashboard?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

no it wont reflash so update it without worrying about. On another note are you currently on LT3.0?

3. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

will not remove your flash if your dash is 13599 or above

4. gamerz123

gamerz123 Member

How do I find out whether it is 13599 or above?

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

system info it's located to the far right of where you'd see the pic of what game is in the drive,so get scrolling,i think you can get to it thru the quick menu thing as well it's been a while since the 360 been used..lol..

edit:eek:k it's to the far right when in menu selection screen of "my xbox" & inside system settings

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  6. gamerz123

gamerz123 Member

Okay, it's 13599. So I guess I can play. Thanks a lot. By the way, how do you come to know whether a particular update will remove your flash or not?

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

By keeping ones finger on the pulse is the norm,basically don't install a new dash till it's verified safe to do so by keeping an eye on the 360 scene of your favorite site or post a question if forum search turns up nothing

8. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

Most updates are just game updates(which are fine), it always tells you which it is!! eg Game update, System Update, just keep an eye out for when it says its a system update, they are the ones to be carefull of... Like scorpNZ says dont install system update until its all been checked out on here!!

9. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

For me i look at the wikipedia page for Xbox 360 System Software and it tells me the description of each dashboard update

10. DxL

DxL Member

Hey guys, i have an flashed fat xbox 360 with lt3, my dash is 2.0.15574.0. My question is if i can do a update on xbox live so i can download demos and such without my flash disaparing. Ty for answers !

11. Dan3

Dan3 Member

Hey Guys, I brought A flashed Xbox 360 White, when I was in Ukraine, I have no problems with putting in games like...'Syndicate, Darkness 2, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV'. But when I put in Sleeping Dogs, or Ghost Recon Future Soldier, or Max Payne 3. It is asking me for a update. I'm not sure of what to do whether to go and say 'yes' to the update or 'no'. When I go ahead to System Setting's, and then to System info it tell's me my Dashboard is: 2.0.13604.0, and you mentioned that if you'r dash is 13599 or above. Then it would not remove the flash? So I'm asking you guys. If I should accept the update or not. Because I'm not really convinced that I can reflash my Xbox 360 by myself. :S

12. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

First off both of you should've started your own thread

No mention of any flashing to dashboard or anything it would appear to affect your flash so i'd say your good to go

dash 13599 was the last time firmware was updated so if you have that dash your fine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_system_software