1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Drive Issue after Firmware update

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by redwolf7374, Dec 31, 2013.

1. redwolf7374

redwolf7374 Newbie

So I had a pile of Xbox 360's lying around so I figured I'd give the drive firmware mod a try. I used two xbox's that have benq drives in them. I flashed the one xbox with the appropriate benq ixtreme firmware and put the drive back in the xbox and put it back together, next I decided to flash the other xbox drive with the benq 0800 so I could backup my games using that drive connected to my computer(powered by the xbox but sata ran to my pc) everything seemed to go well. I put a game in the drive and windows detects the game in the drive. Problem is windows thinks it's a cdrom? And Backup creator and ImgBurn don't give me the option to choose that drive at all.

So if I put, Spiderwick Chronicles in the drive My Computer looks like this

CD Drive(D:)XGD2DVD_NTSC
    0 Bytes Free of 5.31MB
    UDF

2. redwolf7374

redwolf7374 Newbie

Well dang it, after messing with it for about 3 hours the darn Xbox started working again! So I had to reflash that drive back to factory. Dunno how long it'll last I guess running it for a couple hours all apart with improper cooling reseated whatever solder broke free. Sigh, one xbox left I sure hope this one doesn't start working! I need the drive to rip my games!

3. Hacker4life

Hacker4life Newbie

Needing information on flashing my Xbox 360

4. Hacker4life

Hacker4life Newbie

Needing information on flashing my Xbox 360