1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 dual layer playback problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by poover, Apr 8, 2007.

1. poover

poover Member

I have a DVD9 copy of "The Departed" on Verbatim DVD+R DL (2x)(not sure which program I used to burn - Nero or DVDDecrypter)that won't play on the Xbox 360 - but does play on my other standalon players. Does anyone else have this problem? The drive doesn't even detect the media.

Also, I burned a T2 WMV-HD file as data (UDF)using Nero - and the 360 won't recognize that either.

Any suggestions may help - TIA.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

My standalone doesn't play some Dual Layered movies, because it's a little older. I used my 360 to play a couple D/L's and they worked fine. Was the the only movie that didn't work?

I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, haven't had any problems

3. poover

poover Member

I've only tested one authored DL DVD, and another one that I burned as UDF/ISO (Nero made me use this option). I think the 360 file system won't read files if they're too big. The reason I say this is because I have a version of the T2 wmv-hd, which is about 6 GB, split into 4 smaller files, and when I put the dis in, the 360 reads the disc as "mixed media" and I can play each of the files, separately.

4. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

the best program to use is Clonecd because it keeps the original layer break that all other prgrams can't do.Use and burn with Clonecd and everything should work fine.

5. poover

poover Member

Thanks poolpro - but do you know why a wmv-hd file, burned to a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc as a Nero UDF/ISO, wouldn't be recognized in an Xbox 360 disc drive - when the same file can be streamed from a PC to the 360?

6. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Yeah Nero has problems when it comes to burning on a Dl disc.Try burning your image with Clonecd if you have it and you will not have those same problems.I have had quite enough problems with burning to a DL disc with Nero.That is the reason that your 360 can't recognize the data or disc because you are using Nero.I only use Nero when I am going to burn onto a DVD 5 disc.Have you tried using IMGBURN 2.3.0.0 yet? you might want to give that a try instead of Nero.

7. poover

poover Member

I tried ImgBurn - no dice. Same behavior as if I had burned w/ Nero.

8. poover

poover Member

Thanks to everyoene that responeded. I fixed the issue by selecting the "Enable Xbox Compatibility Mode" under the UDF tabe in Nero before burning!