1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 DVD Drive Replace Hitachi for Samsung Help.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by joezz4293, Aug 28, 2007.

1. joezz4293

joezz4293 Member

I plan to replace My hitachi Drive v47 with a new Samsung either ms 28 or 25. I have the the Firmware Toolbox Ver. 4.0, so I can extract the Key and insert it into the samsung.
    I would like to know if anyone knows the steps to to this and if the Toolbox 4.0 will allow to insert key into the Samsung?
    And once the Key is inserted into the Samsung can I Flash the Samsung drive with a HAcked firmware with the Normal methor for ms 25 and Ms 28??

2. JohnG101

JohnG101 Member

I'm in the same boat. I actually flashed mt Hit/LG V46 drive this AM but decided to replaced it with a samsung Ms25.

I guess i am just supposed to extract the key from the current drive, then inject it into the ms25, THEN follow the process to hack the Samsung?

3. joezz4293

joezz4293 Member

yes john that's what I was thinking.
    the reason I was going to change my hitachi v47 for a samsung is that I couldn't hack the hitachi.
    Yesterday I downloaded the new Toolbox 4.0 and it actually lets you flash all versions of hitach so my hitachi is now flashed, no longer need to change it. The toolbox even includes a read me notepad file along with tutorials on how to swap or change drives no matter the make (hitachi or samsung)
    I was reading the tutorials on this program and it says it will let you spoof the samsung drive once you switch to your new samsung. From what I understand it means that your new samsung will actually act or appear as if it was a your old hitachi.
    one question john, why do you want to switch to a sammy? did your hitachi break??

4. JohnG101

JohnG101 Member

I had issues with it and the only way I could get it into Mode B was to use the crossed wire trick and that gets old really quick.

I flashed the hitachi this AM but my burner is having issues so I have no idea if it worked or not. It does however still play originals so that much I know...

It just seems that the Sammy is easier to work with all around over the hitachi

5. JohnG101

JohnG101 Member

Why couldnt you hack the hitachi ?

6. joezz4293

joezz4293 Member

great, so you did get to extract and inject the key huh? what method did you use?
    I wasn't able to flash The V47 with the Old method, in which you open a DOS command window. I got an error saying it wasn't a hitachi. So I used the Toolbox 4.0 and it worked great.
    Why do you need to get your hitachi in mode B constantly? I use the Slax 2. (slax 2 Alpha1)Works every time.
    Is it to rip your original games into your computer for burning backups?? I just bought a samsung Kreon drive, off ebay for about 40 bucks for ripping games.
    Of course games I already own.

7. JohnG101

JohnG101 Member

I used the toolbox 3.1, seemed to work fine. I couldnt get my drive to get into mode B with the Slax CD, not sure why but the wire trock worked fine.

I purchased a samsung Kreon drive today as well so I will be able to backup my games directly from that.

Have you tested any backups yet?

8. joezz4293

joezz4293 Member

Yup, I tested my backups and originals and they worked. I had previously Flashed a V78 with the Previous version of the Maximus Toolbox 3.0 worked awesome (1st try) but that was like 4 months ago.
    And now that I came across a v47 (and this was real stupid of me) I didn't notice or didn't remember that the Read me Notepad file says that it's compatible for all versions of hitachi up to the v78. So was was using the Old Method, with the DOS commands. I even bought a NME chip, Which is totally useless, I Soldered it correctly (I have a degree in Avionics so it was soldered right) Burned the backup with NME format and it didn't work. So i took out the Chip and tried the Toolbox so it's now flashed.