1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 dvd drive STUCK Closed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Project_X, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Project_X

Project_X Member

My 360's DVD drive door is stuck closed. is there anything that i can do to fix it? PLease someone help I cant get HALO 3 out!

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I've ran into that with my daughters 360 and also again just tonight when I was at my nephews playing on their 360. What I've found is that the motor which drives the gears to open and close the tray uses a "rubber band" as a drive belt. That rubber band loosens up just enough to slip.

3. henryryry

henryryry Member

If you take open the front panel (just do a search on how to do this... it is not difficult and you can do it with your bare hands), there is an small manual eject button (a small hole that is slightly bigger than the diameter of a paper clip). You will need to put a paper clip in it, push firmly and the DVD drive will unlock just enough for you to manually open the drive.

Just out of interest, is it just stuck or do you see any lights as well (eg, mine was stuck and I got a green flashing light on the power button).

Hope you can get your halo out.

4. Project_X

Project_X Member

Hey guy's thanks alot for the help. I think it is that rubber band thing becase when i tap the DVD drive it opens and when dont it stays closed.

I'll try that paper clip thing later tonight when i have time to check it out.

Again thanks alot guy's, And i do hope that i get HALO 3 out.

Good looking out, Peace OUT!