1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 DVD firmware HELP - pleeaaaase!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pedge76, May 4, 2007.

1. pedge76

pedge76 Member

Apologies if this has been asked before, I’m sure it has, but after viewing the various threads on here I’m still a little puzzled, so hope you can answer a couple of questions more clearly.
    I’ve opened my XBOX 360, apart from removing the 6 torx screws (not as hard as I thought it would be), and I now want to flash the DVD-rom.
    Is it possible to render the XBOX 360 useless if I do the flash wrong?
    Can I role back to the original MS version?

I’ve read the instructions for installing the new firmware and it appears pretty straight forward??? I’m just seeking some reassurance, that if it is carried out incorrectly I don’t end up with a brick.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

see tutorials here for the various drives.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/

if you do it correctly then you should make a back up of the original firmware that you can flash back to at any time.
    Also read up on which chipset your SATA slots must have to flash them because from what i understand not all SATA equiped systems can flash the drives, some people needed to buy SATA cards (which are pretty cheap). There are also flashing kits out there from Xeno and Xecuter to make it a little easier, and the Blaster 360 and Top Gear add on's so you can also look into those.

3. pedge76

pedge76 Member

Thanks for the reply Steimy - my purpose is to provide viewers with information they understand. Some of the terms used I don't understand so maybe it is always better to use laymans terms.
    Food for thought for all those who know what they are doing.