1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 elite mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by uclausher, Sep 3, 2007.

1. uclausher

uclausher Member

I am kinda new to the whole modding thing, but I want to mod my xbox 360 elite, and I was wondering what would i have to do in order to mod it?

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

First you will want to figure out which drive and rom version you have and go from there.

3. yuppix

yuppix Regular member

What is the most preferred drive. I'm also new to 360.

4. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Mostly likely you will either have a hitachi v78 or v79 or a benq drive. The v78 can be flashed with your pc.(additional hardware may have to be bought to accomplish this .The hitachi v79 can only be flashed by using an external programmer or the 0079 key modchip. The benq drive is now flashable but i do not believe there has been a firmware released for it yet.
    Do a search on how to identify your dvd drive manufacturer. Each drive's tray (where you set the cd/dvd) has a different style. Of course if you have the hitachi drive you will have to open it to figure out which version you have.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

by mod I presume you mean flash the drive or fit a chip (to the drive)
    Remember you have other options too. I fit xeno top gear to my 360
    Changed out the Perspex and put mesh in the "x" area, modded the whisper fan to 12 volt, added a xeno top gear (similar to blaster 360), transfer music, pics, vids, saves to and fro the PC, and can easily update the DVD flash without opening the 360
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

preffered drive
    easiest to flash - hitachi 47, takes like 5 minutes
    hardest to brick, sammy
    not able to do (yet) benq

you need to check the forum for flash tuts, for example, take note that you may need to obtain a sata pc card with the correct chipset to flash your drive

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

btw by not able to do yet re- benq, is wait til theres a firmware
    the 79 can be a royal pain in the butt, the 78 is pretty eazy as long as you follow the steps
    the early hitachis are very easy
    if youre thinking of a chip, say the nme, then the earlier sammys are easy to solde,r the hitachi can be a nightmare depending on your solder ability.

8. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Yes but he has an elite so he's probably not going to have the luxury of getting any of the older hitachi's or samsungs.