1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Elite Moding Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by joematic, Nov 14, 2007.

1. joematic

joematic Member

Hey guys, I just joined the site and I have a question. I have an elite 360 and would like to mod it to play back ups. I had a premium xbox 360 which I soft-moded and it was then banned from live. I was wondering if the same type of mod can be done to the elite. If not or if so, please direct me to a Guide on how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance.

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Hi, i flashed my 360 Elite with the latest FirmwareToolbox(5.0 i think?)and iXtreme 1.2. I was lucky that i had a Hitachi 78fk and not a 79fk which is a pain in the ass to flash.. But to answer your question, yes the Elite can be modded depending on the drive i guess.. In closing, i'm going to leave with two guides. One is an Xbox 360 drive database, and the other is the Textbook tutorial "Hacking the 360 for noobs" which is a nice detailed guide that should really help you out..

http://www.360drives.com/list

http://www.360mods.net/tutorial/Textbook.pdf

3. joematic

joematic Member

I think I have a hitachi drive. How do you know which version

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

5. quanch

quanch Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

quanch, lightning struck, posts edited!!!

7. Erfan223

Erfan223 Guest

Yes the elite can be flashed.If your lucky youll get one with a v78 drive.Most of them with the Manufacture dates of 2007-07-02 have v79 which you need a passkey to flash.
    To- elusiv1- Can you tell me the manufacture date and team number if ur 360?it would help alot.

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I got an 79fk 360 and can't flash it, any help would be much appreciated. Any available options?

9. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Sorry to respond so late Erfan, here are the specs on my Elite..

MFR Date: 3/4/2007
    Team: FDOU
    Lot# 710
    Drive: Hitachi-LG 78FK

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  10. Erfan223

Erfan223 Guest

TO elusiv1>>>Thanks for the reply.This reply helped me alot.And also to

joematic>
    Its the same thing as flashing a regular xbox 360 like the one you did for your premium except different drives have their own way of flashing.As for your elite,if it has the old Hitachi drives you can do that like it says in the guide.v78 needs the slax cd to be put in mode B and v79 which you most likely have needs a Passkey allowing the drive to be falshed to be soldered on it.Or u can use an external programmer such as a Willem programmer.

11. Erfan223

Erfan223 Guest

TO eluziv1>>>Thanks for the reply.This reply helped me alot.And also to

joematic>>>
    Its the same thing as flashing a regular xbox 360 like the one you did for your premium except different drives have their own way of flashing.As for your elite,if it has the old Hitachi drives you can do that like it says in the guide.v78 needs the slax cd to be put in mode B and v79 which you most likely have needs a Passkey allowing the drive to be falshed to be soldered on it.Or u can use an external programmer such as a Willem programmer.