1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Elite or Not ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by andersg, Mar 31, 2007.

1. andersg

andersg Regular member

Well, a while back my Xbox 360 broke and I sold it (yes, a broken xbox 360) to some guy that lives down the street from me who said he was gunna try to fix and mod it. A few weeks after that I heard about how MS was willing to fix all the broken xbox 360's for free. Needless to say, I wasn't to happy about that. I am considering buying an Xbox 360 as soon as I can get get a part time job (I'm only 15) and then I heard about the Xbox 360 Elite. I think the black makes it look cool and I would like to have it just to be different lol but I think the 120gb HDD is a little much for what I would be able to store on it. I dont bother putting all my music on it either, I just plug in my iPod. So I was wondering if I should even bother shelling out the extra dough for the Xbox 360 Elite or just go ahead and buy the regular Xbox 360's?

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

exact same here. but i wondering if i will be able to play backups on it cuz my cod3 original got scratched and it hurt real bad!

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

exact same here. but i wondering if i will be able to play backups on it cuz my cod3 original got scratched and it hurt real bad! it will prolly have a new drive like benq.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

For the extra $80, you get the 120gig, hdmi, and a black case with black hardware. I bought a xmc black knight case for mine and it was $52. I guess what I'm saying it'd be worth the extra $80. Heck... you could easily sell the 120 gig for $100.

On the downside, though, it'll most likely have a newly designed drive. One in which there isn't a firmware mod for yet.

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

hello bhetrick, glad to see u.

but ask yourself this question: Do i need an HDMI port? Do i have an HDTV? or Do I care about video quailty/720p? Will i care?

sad thing is there is no logical reason why teh elite with a hdmi and 120gb drive should cost $80 extra.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

If you want to play backups... I would stick with the Premium, but if you don't care about backups I would go for the elite. I don't care about the Music on my drive, but I do care about Game Demos... that is why I am going to get an Elite. I also have a strange feeling that it might run faster, and will run cooler.

7. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

does hdmi port makes a big difference with video quality.or hdmi from tv to dvi in 360 has some video quality as hfmi to hdmi for 360 and tv. righ now i connected my 360 with vga cable to monitor. so elite hdmi functions makes a big difference or not bcoz i just bought my 360 last month

8. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I have a PS3, and a 60inch Toshiba 1080p Native HDTV, and when I use HDMI with my PS3 vs. using the Playstation Component Cables there is a noticeable difference. When I am using my PS3 with my 23inch Samsung 1080p native I can't see a difference between HDMI and component. If you have a TV over 40inhches you can see a difference, if you are under that you most likely wont see a difference.

9. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

i dont have 40 inch tv and i m not planning to buy any way soon so it should be ok thanks for info

10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

No problem... You might be able to see a difference, but I sure can't!

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You know, this compares to the big question when the original 360 was introduced... "should I spend the extra $100 for the premium or just get the core?". At the time the majority suggested the premium because of the cost/included accessories.

Really... it all boils down to spending the $80 extra and getting the 120 gig and "limited" (ya, right :/ ) black case/accessories. If you want the bigger hard drive now then spend the money. The 120gig is reported to sell alone for $179. So with the elite you'd be saving $100. If not then wait.

It's been reported that the new consoles won't have the cooler processors... at least not at first. And the hdmi is to carry over to the other sku's. So really, like I said, you'd be spending the extra $80 for the 120gig and black look.

For me, I do need (want) the hdmi and cooler processor. A quieter drive would be nice, too. I don't need the 120gig as I don't store much and am waiting for a true system mod anyhow.

12. andersg

andersg Regular member

Well, I don't care about music on the HDD, I don't have a HDTV and I don't backup games cause I am scared I am gunna break my console. So I am gunna break down and pay the extra 80 bucks. Keep in mind that I am in Nova Scotia, Canada so all the prices are Canadian. When exactly does this thing come out, anyways? I am looking forward to getting a console that runs quieter and less hot. Overall, I like the look of the black console and I am looking forward to getting it. It might not be for a while though cause I am saving for a school trip to Europe that cost almost $3000!. I still have yet to get a job and I have $40 if I'm lucky. I gotta save for thatr first and then I can look into getting a 360, and then a car after that if I can save my money that long.

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

It comes out April 29th.

Is your school Trip by EF tours?

14. andersg

andersg Regular member

Yup, thats the one. We go from July 1st-9th of 2008. We get a whole week in London and Paris.
    By the way, I read something about the Xbox 360 Elite having IPTV capabilities. What exaclty is that?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  15. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

16. andersg

andersg Regular member

Thnaks for the link.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  17. andersg

andersg Regular member

That looks prety neat. Do I need XPMC to do this?