1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Error E65

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yungstax, Feb 24, 2007.

1. yungstax

yungstax Member

Do Anyone Know How To Fix This System Error????

E65: DVD Drive Error.... DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

lol your a smart one...NOT!! how are we supposed to fix something that we know nothing about? have you modded it before? is the dvd drive plugged up? tell us more about your situation if you really want some help

3. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

go to goole and look up xbox 360 error codes there will be site that shows u how to fix i i just dont member it off hand

4. yungstax

yungstax Member

I just turned my 360 on today and it came on with no error screene but one problem my disc tray won't open.... do anyone know what's wrong????

5. yungstax

yungstax Member

the sata cable to my 360 is unpluged and it comes on regular but if i plug the sata cable back up then the error screene comes up again.... I can't send it to microsoft because i have voided my warranty....Im thinking about buying a new dvd drive but i don't know how to get my motherboard to recognize it. can some one plese help me

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

the only fix is if you have your original firmware from the drive, then you can put a new dvd drive in it, without that your SOL

7. yoclick

yoclick Member

You've just flashed your DVD-Drive wrong. If you have the original firmware, flash the drive with that and it will work again. If you dont, just try to re-flash it but ENSURE you are flashing the correct files. Also flash the most upto date firmware available for your particular drive. No need to go buy a new drive at all. Should be easily fixed.

8. yungstax

yungstax Member

That's the problem it won't let me re-flash it....After i turn the 360 off select the drive and wait ten seconds then turn the 360 back on it does nothing.

9. tony909

tony909 Member

i had the same problem and guess what,, your drive is dead.. if you have tried to re flash it and it doesnt work,,and the grn light is always flashing when attempting to reflfash,, i had all of this problems and finally just bought a new drive and worked perfect...