1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 fixed WITHOUT warranty

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by thegrunt, Jul 25, 2007.

1. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

After calling Microsoft on the 5th of July I have finally received an Xbox 360 back.Here is my story,I bought my 360 in Febuary of 2006(manufactuerd 01/21/06) and it ran with no problems for a year and 3 months.Before the 3 red lights I had opend up my Xbox 360 to see what drive it had(warranty was up since it was only 1 year at the time, and I didnt see much harm to do so),a couple of days later the bannings started occurring so I said forget flashing.Then awhile goes,and after returning from the store my console flashed 3 red lights :( I didnt know what to do so I looked it up on the web and found the towel trick.It worked to my amazment so I did it for a total of 3 times when my console flashed the 3 red lights.Next thing I know my 360 started flashing 1 red light(e74) and rarely got the 3 red lights(I would say out of ten tries of turning it on the 3 lights would only come up once)Then MS upped the warranty to 3 years so I was like F@#*(tore the warranty sticker off and then lost it :| )I decided to call either way and only mentioned the 3 red lights(I didnt tell them about the 1 red light because they would of made me pay for it. Also I didnt tell them about the warranty sticker,they didnt ask so whatever)Got my box,sent it out and now time to wait and see.Today UPS comes and drops off my 360.I open it up and see a new console(most likely refurbished,manufactured 9/15/06)not mine.The console is in great condition no scratches,scuffs,also didnt look like it had been opend so I was happpy(my console was a little beat up).Connect it and the thing works like a champ,so much air is being blown out compared to my old(probably a new heat sink).I also got a 1 month of Xbox Live and a letter of apology.So long story short got a replacment console for my old one without a warranty sticker,you could tell it had been opend,had an other problem than the 3 red lights and still got fixed for free.

Sorry for a long read if you actually read the entire thing,its just that im so happy :) Now im off, I have some catching up to do on Gears of War

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  2. zegame

zegame Regular member

sweet bro good job!!!

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

4. dopeman_

dopeman_ Member

You have to have a receipt though right ??

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Nope

6. steimy

steimy Active member

well hopefully you did read a previous post stating that if you have auto-renew enabled on your account and you use that 1 month free card it will renew you for another year automatically.

But all in all sounds like you got quite a good deal. I think MS is trying to help their reputation by doing whatever it takes. Which a no questions asked, free repair would do. With service that quick i would not be surprised if they are sending the replacement console shortly after they get confirmation that yours has been shipped. They may not even have yours before they have already sent the refurbished one.

7. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Yeah I read the other thread,but I dont have a credit card registerd to the console so im good

8. zegame

zegame Regular member

obviously Microsoft is redeeming themselves, plus like that song goes "don't ask me no questions I won't tell you no lies!" but seriously thats pretty effing sweet I can now rest easy modding my 360...