1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 FLASHING MS 28

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by isogamer, Jun 15, 2007.

1. isogamer

isogamer Member

Okay it has been almost a MONTH! AND i been fighting over my 360 non stop! I am really pulling out my hair here. And there are sooo many firmware out there to flash the 360. Now i am keeping it very basic, but still having problems. So far the type of method i am using is the MTKFLASH command. I made a boot disk by using XTREME BOOTMAKER 5.2, and then boot into DOS, and typed MTKFLASH r /m orig.bin. Then it detects my SATA CARD V6421 (BUT SHOWS IT AS XTREME pri Master). I turn off my 360 and then pick my sata card from the menu and it works perfectly fine. I most of the time have to wait 2 to 8secs to turn my 360 back on for the firmware to read it, but it works. This is what i am having problem on now. Now i thought thats all i need to do for my 360 to be hacked, but i get 1 ring death of light (THE RED LIGHT THING WHERE IT READ YOUR 360 CONTROLLER ON THE SYSTEM)

So i know i am not entirely done. So right after i boot into windows, copy the Orig.bin file from the floopy that was backed up when i used the mtkflash r /m orig.bin command in dos. So from what i read, i need to take the orig.bin file paste it into the folder where the program MAKE XTREME FIRMWARE is, which i did, and then made a X52a.bin firmware, then copied that back to the disk. So far i used the mtkflash w / r x52.bin hacked.bin command. Then i used the xflash ****** ***** with my xbox 360 serial key command still no luck, ALLL the time it gives me the "ERR:- Fail to read input file" THIS IS getting really frustrating for me! ANY help would be really appriciated. I am not sure if i am getting my timing right, or if i have the wrong firmware.

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

just make sure the fimware file is not in any directory and it is in the root of the disc/drive.

3. isogamer

isogamer Member

So u mean like when i use xtreme boot maker to make a boot disk, the firmware has to be in that same foldeR? I think i did that already, but i will give it a try again and see if thats the case. Thanks.

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

do things the same way as you done to remove the orig bin but this time try mtkflash w /m /sata x52(a,b,c or d here)

i have had the failed to read file error. you said you typed mtkflash x52.bin there should be a letter after it like x52A.bin. could be an easy mistake like a typo and the reason its not reading the file is because there is not one on the disk named that.

5. isogamer

isogamer Member

ALSO, is there any certain command that i need to type in? so far i type in dos mode:-

"mtkflash r /m x52a.bin.bin" then i get that error input messege

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

thats where you are going wrong dude, you need to type mtkflash w /m x52a.bin you were still using the remove command instead on writing command.
    see if that fixes it.

7. isogamer

isogamer Member

OH I SEE, but i did that too before, i typed that command, but i still get that error input messge, well so far i haven't re tried doing it right now, by having the x52a file in the same directory where i used the xtreme bootmaker, i am going to do that now and see whats up. I hope this works. Thanks.

8. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

no worries dude, hope it works this time for you :)

9. isogamer

isogamer Member

What xtreme bootmaker you would recommend? 5.2 RC1 version good enough??

10. isogamer

isogamer Member

Okay after a long time, i finally got it fully hacked. So i think, after flashing it it gave me the 4 blanks, so i know it worked, and when i started it up it loads fine. Now here is the problem, when i add in FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3, the first game i got when i got my 360 it gives me this messege "TO PLAY THIS DISC PUT IT IN AN XBOX 360 CONSOLE" I been reading in other fourms it could be the fact i don't have an update fimrware, or it could be just the certain game, i can't test it with any other game since i don't have any other games, but almost done downloading xbox 360 back up games, so i have yet to try that. But if you can help me and give me any other advices i that would be really helpfully. Should i flash it again? But this time using updated firmware?