1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 for Christmas

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jiggygeek, Dec 24, 2007.

1. jiggygeek

jiggygeek Member

I owned an original Xbox and never had any trouble with it. Since the new 360 has been out, half of the forum posts on here are about the 'red circle of death'. I'm thinking of buying a new 360, but with all this talk of red circle, I'm afraid of buying one. The man at the video store said that all the consoles that were frying were the old 360's and MS had worked out the bugs on the newest ones. So my first question is:
    1. Is it safe in buying a new 360?

Second question.
    The optional HD player has come out. Will this lead to games being only in HD and eventually no more new games will be made for the original dvd drive?

Thanks

2. mitchedu2

mitchedu2 Member

You are never safe buying one. Some of the new ones still cook, just not as easy. The optional HD player wont play games, so you are safe there.

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

1. i have 4 360's and one of them has had the red ring problem, of course m$ replaced it for me. i do believe if buying a new one, chances are you will have no problems with it. however i have read on the web that they are a few new ones having problems.
    i guess its the luck of the draw, like buying a car you never know, however the 3 year warrenty on the rrod should cover it.

2.the optional high def dvd player has no effect on playing games.
    it only plays dvd movies in high def, the drive in the xbox 360 plays games in high def.

4. jiggygeek

jiggygeek Member

Ok thanks. That answered my question.