1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 from play.com?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wrules, Mar 28, 2007.

1. wrules

wrules Regular member

when you buy a xbox 360 off play.com does it come with a gurantee. Like a warranty? How long is the gurantee?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

site doesnt say, but either way, it comes with a 1 year mfg warranty, so if it breaks in a year you have to send it to MS anyway, and im sure they have like a 30 day warranty

3. wrules

wrules Regular member

can u buy a longer warranty from ms?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

not sure, didnt buy one with mine, but i havent had any problems with mine. you wont need more than a year, if it doesnt mess up almost right out of the box, or within the first month you should be fine, i learned that will almost all electrical stuff, if it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt.

5. wrules

wrules Regular member

kk ty

6. steimy

steimy Active member

most places only have the year warranty. I bought mine at EB games and bought their warranty for a year just in case, that way i do not have to send it back to MS, i can just get a new one and let them handle it. To tell you the truth i hope i paid for nothing and never need it. But i learned my lesson in the past, anything over $200 i get the warranty.

I bought a $2500 56" DLP TV (luckily i bought the warranty) and it worked for one week before it broke. It took me a month worth of phone calls and tech visits to get it strait. But after they could not fix it thay had to replace it. And Best Buy being very nice had a sale on them that was cheaper than what i paid so they also gave me a Best Buy gift card for $300 which was the difference in the price. All that would have cost me a small fortune had i not bought the warranty

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

What type of TV was it. I am in the market for a DLP right now. How do you like it?

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

ROFL - Mine broke this month. It was a launch system. I'm kicking myself because I paid extra for Gamestop's one year warranty, which became useless when M$ extended their own; and it broke less than six months after the warranty was dead. Errr.... Stupid towel-covered 360...