1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Game Backing-up Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by phantom62, Jun 30, 2007.

1. phantom62

phantom62 Member

I've been researching how to back up 360 games and have a few questions.
    1. Does the disc swap method work on all computer DVD drive so that the drive is able to read the xbox 360 game?
    2. What is the best method for backing-up without having to hook up the xbox 360 drive to the computer?
    3. Is the DVD decryptor method any good and can it be used with any computer dvd drive?

Any giude will be helpful.
    Thanks

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Your best bet is to place Xtreme 5.3 on your 360,s drive, and use SchromExtract to copy the disc to your PC.

3. phantom62

phantom62 Member

Will SchromExtract work with any dvd drive so that it will be able to read any 360 games?
    Thanks

4. phantom62

phantom62 Member

Any help..please?
    Thanks

5. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

ok the easy way is to but the samsung drive flashed with korean firmware from ebay, only £15 and use xbox backup creator.

Or if u dont want to fork out the money then use the swap disk method all u need it the dvd rom in your pc and a dvd writer and you set, its so easy even a monkey can do it ( not really, hmmmm ill need to try that ) ok ill post the link for you.

oh and i cant stress this enought , when u read the guide u will understnd, MAKE SURE THAT THE DRIVE HAS STOPPED SPINNING BEFORE SWITCHING THE DISK.

enjoy

http://www.rotteneggs.com/r3/show/se/207365.html

6. phantom62

phantom62 Member

LOL...thanks a lot. This is exactly what I was looking for.

7. phantom62

phantom62 Member

Sorry to double post:
    Stephen02, how many games have you backed up using this method and what type of double layer dvd do you use (maxell, verbatim, sony, ect).
    Thanks

8. phantom62

phantom62 Member

Sorry again, but the back-ups created by this method should work on a flashed hitachi 360 drive right?
    Thanks

9. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

hey m8,

yes i use this method, i have backed up about 130 odd disks lol and i use aone and verbatim disks, verbs are the best but aone anre cheaper and they work, the better the disk the longer the driver works, crappy disks burn out te lazer.

They will work on yout 360. Its very easy, u have to burn them a certian way tho lol.

i use imgburn, (download it lol, its free) and ill find u a guide lol,

here

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?referid=269925&showtopic=516786&highlight=imgburn+360

10. phantom62

phantom62 Member

Thanks again for your help, but if you don't mind, I have a few more questions for you.

1. At what speed do you burn you back-ups? And is a slower buring speed better?

2. How many hours a day do you play a backed up game?

Thanks

11. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

ok answer 2 u r questions.

1. I burn all my games at 1x juust to be safe lol, then i dont burn them too fast and screw up a disk.

2. I play my games, well depends what game, i play gears of war all the time lol, mabe 8 hours a day for the last 6 months.

12. matt3131

matt3131 Member

I have a question regarding XBOX 360 SS Merger. Every time i load the iso and the ss file and i press the merge button it says that the iso file is too small and wont merge. Anybody have any advice?

13. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

WHT dont merge anything lol, why would u do that, u merge sertian files obtained off the internet for stealoth, not the 2 files u end up with lol.

14. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

sorry misread the thread, rite i need to understand this. Answer these questions and mabe i can help.

1. you have ripped it with the swap method.
    2. you got 2 files, called what ever u called it with .iso and a .dvd file

3.you wanted to merge it, where did u get the ss bin file and what version of ssmerger are u using.