1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 hacking sata motherboard question....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by goyankees, Dec 17, 2013.

1. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

just need to know real quick guys, i know before i had a via sata chipset and i needed to connect it in a certain port to correctly connect my 360 to my pc but now i have a different pc with a different sata motherboard and was wondering if i can just connect as normal to sata port in my new computer or does it need to be a specific sata mb? i need to rehack this old bit*& and need to know this tidbit.

i also need to hack it to the old version again, like i mean about 3 years back type firmware cuz i have old ass games. thanks guys!

2. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

bump......

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

dude you are awesome! im looking into the whole mb situation now. i will definitely be needing a quick JF tut cuz last time i flashed my 360 was ages ago.

Im selling this old 360 to my boss and it has really old games but they are not working, i just want to reflash to the said jungle flasher version it needs to play these ancient games. im really not looking into reburning and running thru abgx and all that stuff because im selling it off so im assuming just reflashing to the older JF versions will be my easiest bet for him to solely play the games i sell him, which are old as fak, i think few months before gta4 release. But i definitely appreciate the advice. Let me know, thanks!

also my sata mb says intel desktop/workstation/server express chipset sata ahci controller, which i dont see on the list, i think im shot. but im wondering if that sata mb has another number similar to like ich9 or something?

If anyone has an idea as to which firmware version of JF i need to use or which ixtreme (i really dont remember which ones were used back then)since these games are like 4 years old, thanks!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  5. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

update.. .my system is currently at 2.0.15574.0.... how would i go about using older firmwares to play older games w/o having to reburn or re-abgx it? or am i fVcked due to being on higher version?

6. Nicmo

Nicmo Newbie

HiI need to know if my xbox 360 kernel 2.0.13599.0 can be jtag to get the dvd key from the motherboard so i can replace thethe dvd drive.

7. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

The mainboard version and the drive firmware you need to flash to the drive are totally different.

8. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

9. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Ok so I can Flash drive with the older firmware without having to worry about downgrading or anything like that? Thanks!

would jungle flasher let me know if i have a compatible sata mobo once i opened jungleflasher? thanks guys

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  10. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

11. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Stop bumping and try. It's not like you can break anything that way.

12. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

so JF 1.96 showed up with 0 i/o ports, so i read around and people say 1.92 is better so i install 1.92 and it shows i have 2 i/o ports and i click em and its showing me my sata mobo one primary and one master. My question is, does this mean my sata mobo will definitely recognize my 360 drive and i wont need a via chipset or the sata mobo always shows up regardless if it is compatible with the 360 drive or not?

Thanks yall

edit.. also, if i have an older firmware already on 360 and i want to reflash, is there specific way to go or just flash normal?

13. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

yea cuz bricks just never happen. lol

14. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

So i connected it and powered and nothing happened. ;) Bad news is JF doesnt read my drive for sh*t. i tried all 4 sata ports and nothing. i went straight to mkt32 and checked and nothing.

Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller... im assuming this is the problem. i read somewhere about having to change achi to ide but i change to ide and windows wont boot.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  15. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

yea cuz bricks can happen by just connecting the drive and testing if it gets picked up. not.

16. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Ive tried everything achi to IDE via dos and via registry and never shows up. I have it on sata 0 master. It's intel c200 I'm just assuming I need a via. No other way but get a via right?

This is such a pain now I remember why I switched to ps3 scene, sh*t was just much easier. Can't hate though cuz at least it's an alive and breathing scene.

17. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

how is the ps3 scene easier when the 360 is easier to mod, lol
    u just dont have the right tools for it or pc

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  18. richietea

richietea Regular member

Agreed.Just dont understand why he cannot get a expansion sata card for a few pence.

19. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Come on dude, a USB flash drive. That's it!

20. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You have been out of the PS3 scene for a while, haven't you? If you're not on the right firmware hacking a PS3 is a pain to impossible, depending on what PS3 you have.