1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 hardware mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by M3M0, Mar 20, 2007.

1. M3M0

M3M0 Member

hey guys i heard u can burn games and use them to play xbox 360 downloaded games, i did that but nothing worked can som1 help me because some of my friends told me u have to get a mod for ur xbox 360 and get a special cd to burn the games i got the cd's already but i just need the mod can someone give me a walkthrough on how to download that mod and install it on my xbox please ! thanks to who ever is going to help me ^^ <3

2. killalot

killalot Active member

Did you read the first thread at the top of this forum? Guess not have to flash DVD drive in Xbox etc etc use the search my friend

3. steimy

steimy Active member

as stated you have to flash the DVD drive of the 360, which means opening it and voiding your warranty.
    unless your PC has SATA ports then you need a flashing kit that has USB.
    http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-360-xusb
    you also need good quality DVD+R DL (like Verbatim)
    You need a program like IMGburn to burn the files and you need to read a guide to do it correctly and set the layer break right.

To back up original discs you need to buy the Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive for your PC off Ebay (about the only place that has it) flashed with the KREON firmware and use Xbox Backup Creator.

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Was going to go in more detail but since he couldn’t be arsed to search a bit more on the matter couldn’t be bothered when I flashed mine about a month ago did abit of searching on the issue first then when I was ready asked a few questions then went for it like to say thanks to all those who did clear up a few things for me.
    M3M0 go here and download this and please read it.
    http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/get=61.html