1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 HD VGA cable.. Help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by JoshyBoy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

just bought this HD VGA Cable so that i can play my xbox on my P.C monitor as i do not have a HD tv.. the picture is quality but im not getting sound because the LCD monitor that i have doesnt have the Audio In L/R slots... someone please help !! thanks guys

2. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

guys please !! lol... may this be a first ever afterdawn, 'i dunno' ??

3. stevetex

stevetex Regular member

The reason you are not getting any Audio is because the vga cable only carries the video signal. Those red and white cables that are with the VGA cable need to be connected to an audio source. The easiest way would be if you had a stereo that accepted RCA audio jacks. But what I ended up using was a RCA to 1/8inch stereo jack adapter from Radio Shack. So I plug the audio red/white cables into that adapter, then it comes out with a jack just like for headphones. Then I can plug that into my computer speakers and play the sound through them.

Course if you can goto a store and find a cheap pair of computer speakers that accept RCA jack inputs, that would be your easiest bet. Then you could plug the VGA into your monitor, and then the audio red and white cables directly into PC speakers that would accept RCA. Otheriwse you'll have to get some adapters like I mentioned to setup something like that. Hope that helps. :)

4. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

5. stevetex

stevetex Regular member

That is the exact type of adapter that I am using. So as long as you have something you can plug that type of connection into, then that should work for ya. :)