1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by LaSINda, Aug 31, 2007.

1. LaSINda

LaSINda Member

I hope this post is being in the proper section of the forum, if not I apologize.

Okay here goes...
    More recently I bought an updated/hacked firmware xbox 360 and have been having loads of trouble with getting my backups to boot and play properly.

-Samsung TS-H943
    -MS28 version using Xtreme 5.2
    -Download only well known scene releases
    -So far I have used Ridata discs (will be switching to Verbatim)

Burners used:

-Samsung TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M
    -PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D

Burning Software:

-Clone CD version 5.2.9.1

Now, I realize that not all of the games may work properly, but I have yet to burn a disc that doesn't have problems in some way or another. All of my backups have booted up, but it's very random. On occasion one or all will boot up right away and play for a couple of hours, but that is rare. Most of the time it takes over 30 minutes to get them to boot up, and a lot of times after, they'll freeze up or crash. Here are some of the common messages that I receive on a very regular basis- "dirty or damaged disc", "unreadable disc", and even "mixed media disc". For instance, the same game could give me any one of those messages, at any given time.

Today my husband and I took the xbox 360 apart and to make sure that the drive was making the proper connection. Everything looked fine, but we unplugged and replugged anyway. That wasn't the problem as we are still having the same issues as before.

Any suggestions and/or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

My understanding is that they pretty much MUST be Verbatim discs as the Original Discs are such high quality.

You could also just have a crap drive!

3. imgr81337

imgr81337 Guest

i like where this thread is going

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007