1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Hitachi 0078FK / v78 not playing (most) backups

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cmgti, Apr 11, 2007.

1. cmgti

cmgti Member

Hi,

I'm currently having problems successfully creating backups for my 360. Before I start I'll make a list of all hardware that I'm using:

PC: Samsung DVD-Rom with Kreon firmware
    Pioneer 111D cross flashed to 111L with Dangerous Brothers hacked firmware (auto sets booktype to DVD-Rom for DVD+r DL and DVD+R.)

Xbox: Hitachi v78 drive which is flashed and working with (some) backups.

To begin I know the Xbox is accepting backups because a couple that I have done do work but the majority won't play. I received my Pioneer 111D last night and every single backup I have created keeps coming up with 'disk unreadable' error, where-as using the hotswap method and burning on a Laptop drive set to DVD-Rom strangely 2 have worked flawlessly.

I have researched a lot before I modded my box, and certainly before posting on here, but each page I look at seems to give conflicting info. Some say that the DVD-Rom & DVD DL drives I'm using with xbox backup creator are not suitable for the xbox's drive type that I have, others say that it works fine with this method.

I am creating images with Xbox backup creator + my Kreon drive, and then burning with Imgburn. Wouldn't imagine it is an ss.bin or any type of stealth problem as the Kreon/xbox backup creator combo takes care of this automatically.
    Each burn completes 100% and have never had a coaster during burning(I'm using Datawrite media which may be the problem) but the console will say either 'unplayable disk', 'unreadable disk' or 'open tray'.
    I have ordered some verbatim DVD+r DLs to see if these work with my hardware combo. Can't think of any other reason for the problems I am having.

Any help/ input would be greatly appreciated.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Use Verbatim and burn at 4x.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

agree with above, i have done about 35 back ups on them and every one has worked. Another suggestion is using Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 and not the newer version 2.5

burning i use these steps
    1. go to drive tools tab and select unlock drive
    2. go to read tab and copy from the disc to PC
    3. open IMGburn (and if you have not already) set the layer break
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    4. booktype the media (if your burner does not do it automatically)
    5. select the ISO file and burn it at 4X speed (no, i do not use the DVD file like everyone else as it is not really needed since you are manually setting the layer break)

4. cmgti

cmgti Member

Steimy - Is your hardware the same as mine ie. is it a v78 drive that you have?