1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 IMAGE BURNING & WINDOWS VISTA

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by schueygod, Mar 14, 2007.

1. schueygod

schueygod Guest

Hi, Dont know if anyone else is having the same trouble but ALL the proframs i used to use on Windows XP dont work correctly on Windows Vista to backup my original XBOX 360 games. Programs such as Clone CD, DVD Decrypter and Image Burn. All were fine on XP but not Vista. I can burn image to disk but when i put it in the XBOX 360 it wont read. Ive looked at the burn guides and followed them step by step but no luck, tried different media (Verbatim, Traxdata etc) still the same. Tried all the obvius things like slower burn speed etc but still no good. Had 12 coasters now and using the same procedure as i did on XP. any help would be very much appreciated

2. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

I'm running Vista Ultimate, using XBC to read to hard drive and then burning .dvd file with ImgBurn. Make sure your burning the .dvd file, not the .iso. No problems here burning and playing my backups.

3. fgamer

fgamer Guest

ImgBurn,SS Merger 1.7b, WXRipper and Schtrom360Xtract all work fine for me on Vist Ultimate. Only that doesn't seem to be compatible with Vista is Xbox Backup Creator and 360 firmware toolbox.

4. chazbo25

chazbo25 Member

Hi im having the same problem as you but i've got vista basic...
    Its doing the same thing as yours does it burns totally fine but when you put it in your xbox 360 it dont work!
    I tryed nearly everything accept the make of the dvd writer(i was going to buy a other make of writer) but i was just thinking and it might be windiws vista... you might have to use XP. By the way have you fix your problem yet?

5. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

Has anyone tried to run a Virtual XP Machine in Vista to do all backup stuff I have not installed Vista yet but this should take care of any problems with Vista.

6. schueygod

schueygod Guest

not fixed the problem at all. had a nightmare over the last 2 weeks with pcs's! i am now using my sons after buying 3!!! which were no good.

Got windows xp on this and all programs are working again. Vista will probably ok in 6 months or so. But i just couldnt backup my games with it. Stick to Windows XP.

7. chazbo25

chazbo25 Member

ok thanks