1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 jtag problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by vick79, Jan 2, 2011.

1. vick79

vick79 Member

I am trying to jtag an xbox my parents bought for my nephews. Obviously somebody tried to mod the drive and didn't know what they were doing. I hooked it up, and the dvd key was all 7's. I could not hook to DB1F1 or the alternate, so I found a spot on the hdd connector that made contact with them points. I am now on my 15'th nand dump without any luck. Does anybody know if that is the problem, or if there is another?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. young_one

young_one Regular member

What's the dashboard version or what is the manufactured date of the xbox 360?
  4. vick79

vick79 Member

Manufacturing date is 2008-08-05, I have not fired it up, so dashboard is unknown.
  5. vick79

vick79 Member

If it helps any, I have also got a couple of readings with error 280 after block 200.
  6. young_one

young_one Regular member

You need to know the dash to make sure it's still exploitable for starters.
  7. vick79

vick79 Member

I forgot where to check dashboard version.
  8. vick79

vick79 Member

Can't find system info in setting, will try again in a minute.
  9. vick79

vick79 Member

If I looked at the right thing, it is 2.0.7371.0.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  10. vick79

vick79 Member

I was wondering if I also need to know the internal mem before dumping the nand, because I have been reading at 16 megs.
  11. young_one

young_one Regular member

Your console should be a Falcon from the date and 16mb is right. I looked at your first post again "I could not hook to DB1F1 or the alternate, so I found a spot on the hdd connector that made contact with them points. I am now on my 15'th nand dump without any luck". Are you saying that you've made your hacked dashboard and wrote it to the nand without any success?
  12. vick79

vick79 Member

No, I am still doing the nand read -r16. All of my extractions, so far, have had 50 to 70 differences.
  13. young_one

young_one Regular member

Ok. That is way too many read errors. The DB1F1 or the alternate is not used to read the nand. Its is solely for the Jtag injection. So that would not be the reason for your errors on the read. You should try to get some flux(Radioshack has paste version). That would help with stray connections or bridges on your solder points.
  14. vick79

vick79 Member

I can't figure out how to add the image, but DB1F1 if supposed to connect to J2D2.1. I had to connect J2D2.1 to a point under where the hard drive plugs in.
  15. vick79

vick79 Member

Right now the xbox is running with the connections I have soldered, so if you could tell me if my alternate point will work, or if I should just wait until I get the wire paste in for the DB1F1 before I try injecting the nand if I get a good read?
  16. young_one

young_one Regular member

The point you are talking about is the Ring of Light port on the bottom side of the mother board(pin 6). But like I said, you need to get some good dumps before that spot is even needed. As a side note.......well and important note, there is an aud_clamp method by BoXXDr for injecting the jtag hack that you can look at it HERE.
  17. vick79

vick79 Member

Thank you for all of your help, I will pick up the flux and try again. I will repost as soon as I am done.
  18. vick79

vick79 Member

What am I supposed to run the test in ANSI, Unicode, or UTF8? In ANSI after redoing my joints with flux, I now have 80 differences, in Unicode I have 4 differences, and in UTF8 I have 58 differences.
  19. vick79

vick79 Member

Sorry about that last post, I just did my third nand dump, and nand2 and nand3 are identical in every coding. Thank you very much Young_One.
  20. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Couple of thing here...

Firstly, what are you using to get your dumps? I use NandPro, go for the command line version. Use the "nandpro lpt: -r16 nand1.bin" command. I then jsut compare in Total Commander.

Also, Im pretty sure that alternative point you have under the hard drive for DB1f1 wont work. There are only 2 alternatives,

[​IMG]

or on the southbridge as below,

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  21. vick79

vick79 Member

I have tried to open my nand image in Degraded 1.1 on two different computers, and crashed the program on both, after I edited 2007 to 2005 in HxD Hex Editor. I was wondering also, if I go through that hole won't it stop me from bolting the cdrom back in?
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011