1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 key

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sqcube, Feb 19, 2008.

1. sqcube

sqcube Member

Noob question. At what point do you copy the xbox 360 key? Also do you copy with a memory stick?

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Thats usaly the first thing you do after opening the case and yes most people do it with usb sticks.

3. sqcube

sqcube Member

THANKS

4. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Np be carful tho its ur 360 at stake

5. wabashman

wabashman Active member

and make A LOT of back ups for your key. put it on several floppy discs, email it to yourself, save it everywhere on your computer.

6. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

wabashman is right bro. You always see people begging for orig.bins and asking if there is anyway to get there beacuse they didnt save it. You lose it your &*^%ed

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The safest way to save your key is to open it with Toolbox and write down your key somewhere. I wrote mine down in my owners manual and I write down the key and serial number of each 360 I mod for others and keep a list.

8. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

I do the same i copy there orig files into their own folders. But having read that do i just open the orig files with toolbox to get the numbers beacuse id like to have that extra protection for them and myself

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

That's all you'd have to do. If you open your orig.bin with Toolbox, it'll show your your key. Then you could copy/paste it somewhere and save it, write it down on a piece of paper, print it out, etc.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  10. sqcube

sqcube Member

Thank You All. Received my sata card in the mail today. Will be flashing my benq this weekend.

11. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Thanks bhetrick will do